Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Best 75 gallon AIO

Av1

Hi, I am trying to find the best tank for my living room. I am thinking about 75 gallons and want it to be a mixed reef, or at least an able to have multiple soft corals and LPS corals. Even though I have kept many reef tanks before, I would like it to be an AIO if possible. I was looking at maybe a Cadlight or SCA tank.What tanks does everyone recommend and if it doesn’t come with light what light do you recommend for a reef to go with it? I know the hobby isn’t cheap but I don’t have a crazy budget so not any crazy expensive suggestions please! Thanks and let me know ? 

LandedInMyEye

Hello,

Although the 65 gallon here is smaller than the 75 you had mentioned it is close.

We had a idea in the beginning to build a box that would magnet seal to the back wall, but it never came though.

The though was that we could clean the box out for service and pop in right back on with a few good magnetic products.

Later, we settled for a silicon sealed AIO version from a local shop that made one for us.

The worst part about the back wall AIO tanks are that if you move the tank to close to the wall without planning for servicing room it makes it difficult to tinker with the chambers if there is a bunch of equipment down there.

We moved on from the larger AIO tank to a more open design for the KISS method, keeping it simple.

Below is the cleaned out tank and what it looks like as for chambers and baffles to give you a reference.

I personally grabbed an old 75 gallon off a co-worker and set it in the room like a room divider peninsula tank that shows 3 sides and had all the equipment in one end.

The tanks with painted backs/rears or AIO rears force us to have the tank set to one fashion and not much for options when we find that we like to try the tank in different areas of the house for the first few years.

After that period, I found that once you know where the tank looks best, it stays for a long time.

My only regret was the money spent on something that no longer gets the use I imagined.

Plan it out wisely!

39239855981_b522372b74_b.jpg

24378037657_6450fd1807_b.jpg

27464194869_594ae67a08_b.jpg