Top Shelf Aquatics

AI Hydra HD diffuser - New design

Andreww

I should add, if one desires an even more reduced amount of shimmer, go with the 1.5” and 2.5” rod and screw combo or even 2”-3” combo. 

I went with these sizes cuz it looks proportionate with the thickness of the light itself while still offering the benefits.

3 hours ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Is there a link to this acrylic? I’ve been very tempted to try this with a black box. Maybe this will solve hot spot issues as well?

Here’s a link :

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/acrylic_sheets_p95_matte/513

There could be better materials for the job out there but locally that’s the only material I could find that would be sturdy enough to not bow in the current mounting configuration.

There is a specific LED diffusing sheet but it’s very thin.

Looking at the Radion diffuser, I think that’s what they use on there or a variation of it. The plastic frame holds a thin piece of diffuser. What that is....I’ll never know.

HookedOnAquariums
1 hour ago, Andreww said:

Here’s a link :

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/acrylic_sheets_p95_matte/513

There could be better materials for the job out there but locally that’s the only material I could find that would be sturdy enough to not bow in the current mounting configuration.

There is a specific LED diffusing sheet but it’s very thin.

Looking at the Radion diffuser, I think that’s what they use on there or a variation of it. The plastic frame holds a thin piece of diffuser. What that is....I’ll never know.

Yeah on r2r I saw this dudes tank where he had diffusers over his black boxes. But unfortunately he was Tom somewhere in Asia so they didn’t sell that product here. I’m gonna have to pick up a sheet of that and do some fun stuff lol.