Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Help with set up!

SBGRAD24

I am trying to set up a drain to my sump without an overflow box. Does anyone have bulkheads in the back of their tank, one that drains to the sump and the other that returns to the tank. Is there any reason that this wouldn't work as well as a typical RR setup?

there are kits available for setting up just such things. LIZ made a GREAT thread on how to drill glass in the DIY section - nano. check it out. You wont find the parts at a Home Depot though You will have to order fdrm a Fish place.

When I went to my LFS and asked them to drill my 10g, they told me the tank would crack. I know they are full of it because I have seen 5.5g's drilled. It would work fine. You can even drill the hole yourself if you have a diamond bit.

hth

When I went to my LFS and asked them to drill my 10g, they told me the tank would crack. I know they are full of it because I have seen 5.5g's drilled. It would work fine. You can even drill the hole yourself if you have a diamond bit.

hth

The LFS is right the glass is tempered. The 5 gallon tanks are made of acrylic. If you get a acrylic 10 then you can drill it.

I drillled the 10 gals just fine.... They only temper the bottoms although U can get tens with regular glass too. Allglass or Perfecto. Ine of them. You also could drill the back on it.

I have yet to see a tempered tank under 55gallons, even most 55gallons are plate glass, I know cause if a tank comes in chipped I get to smash it at work =D

Archived