Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

shrinking mushrooms

scooder209

hi everyone

i've had my mushrooms for about a week and a half now and they haven't fully stretched out. they are shrunken and resist to open. in addition, my 12 gallon nano cube is a bit on the warm side. is it to hot for them??? i also found 2 small mushrooms from the rock floating around the aquarium.

anyone with suggestions to help my mushrooms??? supplements ect.. ????? lower temp?????

thanks

brian

Scooder - How warm is your tank? If it's to warm that

could be what causing it, check you water quality, make

sure are your parameters are good. Another thing

to look at is flow, mushroom's do not like to be in high flow

areas and will shrivel up or release from their rocks.

I recently encountered this problem because I had increased

my water flow do to a problem with Cyano. My mushrooms

were behaving similar to how your describing yours.

HTH

RD

Undertheradar

I have the same problem from time to time this time of year...

My xenia does this as well as some of my rics and shrooms. The reason is two fold: One, the lighting where they are is too intense...so they crawl away and hide under overhangs...and if they cant get away, they shrink. This time of year, my tanks also stay at about 83degrees. Nothing else seems to mind, but the shrooms do. My solution? I take the rocks that the shrooms are on and place them in the sump/refugium where the light is just power-compact for the macro algae. They love it. So, if you can, give them an area with less light...and if you can, lower temps...but I know that can be tough this time of year...so just less light and they should be fine.

Archived