SaltCritters.com

Where to buy a BeanAnimal styled overflow

Detritus

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm interested in what I think they call a BeanAnimal styled overflow, and I'm wondering if you can buy them somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Detritus

uhhh,

home depot?

It's just an arrangement of fittings really. search for some videos on youtube, and vyou'll see how easy they are to put together.

Hi! Yes, I know you can build them, but I was hoping to simply buy one. After all, I would need the weir or overflow itself, and I want one that looks profession. As much as I like to Diy stuff, I want this to look good too.

Thank you for the reply!

-D

14 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Are you referring to the external overflow with bulkheads for the 3-pipe-plumbing? (Beananimal)

http://synergyreef.com/product/16-shadow-overflow/

YES!! I learned on another forum that the BeanAnimal part is simply the three overflow pipes. I want/need the whole thing, just like in your link. 

Thanks very much for the help!

-D

13 hours ago, Halo_003 said:

I just got one of these and it is great quality.

https://modularmarine.com/collections/overflow-boxes

Installed pics are in my build thread in my signature.

That looks very nice, and is a (cough, cough) decent price, so that's a real option. I'm going to check your build journal later when I'm home.

Thanks for the help!

-D

48 minutes ago, Detritus said:

That looks very nice, and is a (cough, cough) decent price, so that's a real option. I'm going to check your build journal later when I'm home.

Thanks for the help!

-D

The Synergy one I linked is $124.99 for 2500 gph. At modular marine the comparable 2400gph one is $187. 

Just making sure you understood that their price corresponds to the GPH capability/size. 

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

The Synergy one I linked is $124.99 for 2500 gph. At modular marine the comparable 2400gph one is $187. 

Just making sure you understood that their price corresponds to the GPH capability/size. 

Yes, thank you for clarifying! I’m typing quickly because I’m at work right now, and I fully admit I didn’t read all the specs, I just clicked a couple of the links quickly and saw the price. 

Do they naje these smaller? I’m looking for one for a 40 gallon tank.

Thank you for your help!

-D

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a great turkey day!

I was doing a little more research into what I'm hoping to do, and I found the website for the BeanAnimal overflow setup, and I think I now have a better idea what's what. Here's what I'm hoping to do, maybe one of you guys could suggest how I get there. I've been going back and fourth on getting a new tank, which one, what size, etc. I am 99% sure I want to get an Innovative Marine Nuvo Black 40 gallon tank, and I want to do it like today to get the Black Friday pricing. Please note, this is not the fusion model that has the all-in-one filter section, this is a "regular" tank, so I want to drill it and run a sump. I definitely do not want a hang on back syphon-type surface skimmer. 

For drilled overflows, it's my new understanding that there's a box inside the aquarium that skims the surface of the water, and this part I believe is called the weir. Ideally, you'd like the weir to run the length of the tank, and be as narrow/low profile as possible. Then there's a box outside the aquarium that water runs into and then down to the sump via one or several drain pipes, and this part I think is just referred to as the overflow box. As long as this box is drilled with 3 holes, l can set up a BeanAnimal styled drain pipe set up. Is that about right, because that's what I want to do?

So I want to buy a nicely made overflow box and weir that allows me to set it up with the three drain pipes (unless maybe there's an even better drain system than the BeanAnimal?). I checked out the Synergy Reef, Modular Marine, Eshopps, and I think a couple others. They all seem fairly similar, and all seemed to have some pros and cons according to user reviews I read. Is there one of these that you guys might steer me to for my 40 gallon Nuvo tank (24" long)? Most important things to me are it has to look very nice, sleek, professional. Obviously, it has to allow for enough flow, but I'm only running a 40 gallon, so that should be easy. And, I'll take the longest weir I can practically do, though for my 24" long tank I think a 12" or 16" weir would give me a lot of surface skimming, without taking up too much room in the tank. What do you guys think? Any help would be really, really appreciated!

Thanks again for the help!

-Detritus

7 minutes ago, Detritus said:

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a great turkey day!

I was doing a little more research into what I'm hoping to do, and I found the website for the BeanAnimal overflow setup, and I think I now have a better idea what's what. Here's what I'm hoping to do, maybe one of you guys could suggest how I get there. I've been going back and fourth on getting a new tank, which one, what size, etc. I am 99% sure I want to get an Innovative Marine Nuvo Black 40 gallon tank, and I want to do it like today to get the Black Friday pricing. Please note, this is not the fusion model that has the all-in-one filter section, this is a "regular" tank, so I want to drill it and run a sump. I definitely do not want a hang on back syphon-type surface skimmer. 

For drilled overflows, it's my new understanding that there's a box inside the aquarium that skims the surface of the water, and this part I believe is called the weir. Ideally, you'd like the weir to run the length of the tank, and be as narrow/low profile as possible. Then there's a box outside the aquarium that water runs into and then down to the sump via one or several drain pipes, and this part I think is just referred to as the overflow box. As long as this box is drilled with 3 holes, l can set up a BeanAnimal styled drain pipe set up. Is that about right, because that's what I want to do?

So I want to buy a nicely made overflow box and weir that allows me to set it up with the three drain pipes (unless maybe there's an even better drain system than the BeanAnimal?). I checked out the Synergy Reef, Modular Marine, Eshopps, and I think a couple others. They all seem fairly similar, and all seemed to have some pros and cons according to user reviews I read. Is there one of these that you guys might steer me to for my 40 gallon Nuvo tank (24" long)? Most important things to me are it has to look very nice, sleek, professional. Obviously, it has to allow for enough flow, but I'm only running a 40 gallon, so that should be easy. And, I'll take the longest weir I can practically do, though for my 24" long tank I think a 12" or 16" weir would give me a lot of surface skimming, without taking up too much room in the tank. What do you guys think? Any help would be really, really appreciated!

Thanks again for the help!

-Detritus

Great deal here!! 

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/16-shadow-overflow-synergy-reef.html

Thank you! That is one that I found previously, and it seems to talk a very good game. Would you say this unit is well regarded in the community here, and would do well for my needs? I see it's on sale at BRS now, but isn't that the regular price if you buy directly through Synergy Reef?

-D

49 minutes ago, Detritus said:

Thank you! That is one that I found previously, and it seems to talk a very good game. Would you say this unit is well regarded in the community here, and would do well for my needs? I see it's on sale at BRS now, but isn't that the regular price if you buy directly through Synergy Reef?

-D

Not positive on the price- but if you are comparing overflows make sure to check the GPH. BRS has free shipping. And yeah, synergy is very well regarded. It would be more than capable for your tank.