Cultivated Reef

crazy clown

ApocalypticSurf6

ApocalypticSurf6

ok I have a false percula clown in my tank and all I'v ever known about them is that they are the hardiest and most friendly fish you can put in a tank, but I have 3 fish in there and the clown is the most aggressive out of them all, sometimes he snaps at and chases my firefish, the only conclusion I have made is that since I don't have an anemone in there for him yet he has become terretorial of the left side of my tank, very strange indeed.

Has anyone had this problem, if not does anyone have any ideas on the situation? Thanks

yeah they do get territorial about their 'host' - whether thats an anenome or just a bit of the tank they like... i think its pretty normal, firefish are pretty placid guys too which makes them easy to boss around... i wanted to put a firefish with my perc but have decided to go with something that might hold its own a bit better if the clown got bossy.. good luck

I have a false perc and a firefish in my 12g nano. At first, the clown would snap at the firefish (for a couple of weeks), but now he leaves the firefish alone. I guess he knows that he's stuck with the firefish, so might as well make the best of the situation. The only thing he snaps at now is my hand when I stick it in the tank to move coral around.

To my understanding clowns can be a bit agressive when it comes to space invasion. I never had a problem with mine and I had 3 clowns. 1 tomatoe and 2 perc's. To top it off I had a damsel in there too. You know damsels are worst. I have 1 maroon now and he's hosting a RTBA.

ApocalypticSurf6

yea my perc chases everything around, I just bought a green chromis and some reason since then the firefish is comming out more, I think becase the perc is concentrating on the chrmis which is funny to watch because there is no way the clown can catch him and hes only about 3/4 of an inch long, the clown is about 2

Archived