Coral Vue Hydros

NanoBox IM10 Office Tank

DaveFason

So I’ve got same tank/light. Frogspawn dominated. Softies at the bottom. My zoas stretch so I know it’s low on the bottom.  I’ve got the long gooseneck so 7” above tank. Currently 100 violet&RB. 5 whites, 30 blue. 10 hour cycle, 1hour ramps. 

Dave, you think ok to increase blue a bit? Maybe go white higher for a couple hours?

On 1/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, taj0930 said:

So I’ve got same tank/light. Frogspawn dominated. Softies at the bottom. My zoas stretch so I know it’s low on the bottom.  I’ve got the long gooseneck so 7” above tank. Currently 100 violet&RB. 5 whites, 30 blue. 10 hour cycle, 1hour ramps. 

Dave, you think ok to increase blue a bit? Maybe go white higher for a couple hours?

You certainly could but does anything look bad? In my reefer I have a colony on palys that stretch but grow quick and look amazing. I have always been one to leave things be unless it is needed. 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:30 AM, DaveFason said:

You certainly could but does anything look bad? In my reefer I have a colony on palys that stretch but grow quick and look amazing. I have always been one to leave things be unless it is needed. 

No everything looks good. Frogspawn is growing. Tank is consuming Alk. Just curious as your light is much lower and your light could cycle is longer and whiter. I was considering giving it a mid day “punch” for a very short period. Nutrients are high, Alk is high, so I was considering bumping the intensity to accelerate growth. Can you share your schedule? I know 12 hours, 75/35. But the whites can’t be on all day right? 

19 hours ago, taj0930 said:

No everything looks good. Frogspawn is growing. Tank is consuming Alk. Just curious as your light is much lower and your light could cycle is longer and whiter. I was considering giving it a mid day “punch” for a very short period. Nutrients are high, Alk is high, so I was considering bumping the intensity to accelerate growth. Can you share your schedule? I know 12 hours, 75/35. But the whites can’t be on all day right? 

If you have high nutrients and higher ALK try getting those down a bit. Higher ALK can push quicker growth but can turn quick on you with burning corals. I like a steady 7.5-8. 

As for this office tank. I run the lights like so. 

90% - Royal Blue

90%-Blue/cyan

50% - Violet

50% - Mint

I run the lights for 9 hours with my work schedule 8-5. I do not run any type of ramping, moonlight, etc. Just on and then off. The light is ~5" from the water level. 

As for this tank I have never once tested my parameters or anything else. I will see if I can get this tested this week to see what the tank generally runs for you. 

Over the years I find that I enjoy my tanks best when I keep everything extremely simple. I let the corals show me what they want but I admit this in not ideal practices. 

-Dave