Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoBox IM10 Office Tank

DaveFason

This tank has been setup for over a year. It has had ups and downs but finally getting back on track. The tank is extremely simple. A Mini Tide, heater, pump and fish.

A frag I purchased  a couple months ago had a couple strands of bryopsis. Needless to say the tank was infected. Two weeks ago I treated this tank with Flunco. The pill is simply amazing. The tank will have the first water change in some time and will continue to update this thread. 

I also believe my leather coral spawns months ago. I have  ~ 12 stalks that have grown now to 1". More on that later! 

SPECS :

Innovative Marine IM10

NanoBox Mini Tide 

RW-4 Pump

Neo 100w Heater 

Light Schedule : 

75% - Royal Blue, Violet, Blue/Cyan

35% - White/Mint 

12 Hour schedule 

Raw and uncut photos! :P

IM10-6IM10IM10-3IM10-5IM10-2IM10-4

Magic Pill :

NanoBoxUnits110117-3

Video :

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 5

I found that my emerald crab cleaned up the bryopsis for me. I had a lot of it on a frag that was given to me. I stuck it in my frag tank and saw my emerald crab go to town on the bryposis. Next morning the bryopsis was all gone off the frag and haven't seen it back on the frag since.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 5:44 PM, William said:

Your clowns are hosting your RFA?

no. 

Updates this weekend on this tank. It is looking 10x better. 

I am using the new Brightwell XPORT plate on this tank as well paired MB7 and Aminos. 

brightwellbrightwell-2

The XPORT plate this size is good for a HUGE tank. I cut a small ~1" chunk for the IM10. All the pores! 

brightwell-5brightwell-4

Macro :

brightwell-3

I am stoked to use MB7 being that I used this on my old shallow 35g. I had amazing results. 

Stay tuned!

-Dave

• Like 1

The tank is looking much better. I will get a video or two of you guys. The flunco did an amazing job and now things are settled. The Brightwell products have made the corals extremely happy. 

nanobox12717

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Things are filling in nicely. The leather spawned months ago and you can see all the babies growing, quickly! I added a couple branches of frogspawn from my Red Sea tank along with a frag of acans. Water change tomorrow! I love the simplicity of this tank. 

nanoboxofficetank

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

It is looking good! I love my IM 10 softy tank when I had the nano-box over it. It is a QT tank with macroalgae right now but definitely debating on picking up a tide in the future and get it going again with softies. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In which chamber did you put the brightwell xport plate? Wondering if I can put something like this in the bottom area with the return pump or if it will just end up trapping debris down there and doing the opposite of it's job...

14 hours ago, lizzyann said:

In which chamber did you put the brightwell xport plate? Wondering if I can put something like this in the bottom area with the return pump or if it will just end up trapping debris down there and doing the opposite of it's job...

I put it in the middle chamber. When I do a water change I try to pour the water in the chamber to move everything around. 

-Dave

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Awesome! Who needs rocks when you have a leatherscape? It's beautiful. 

Ha! The interesting part is the largest leather lived in a Lowes bucket for 2 months with a heater. No flow, light, etc. Wild how far it has come! 

12 hours ago, Weikel said:

Damn looks so nice. Bet it is peaceful watching those clowns playing in the leathers .. great job on the photos too..

Thank you. Watching the clowns swim in and out is zen like. I normally will sit 15-20 minutes a day and just watch.  

8 hours ago, JR! said:

looks sick brother 

You're alive!

• Like 1