SaltCritters.com

when to start counting titration on Red Sea Alk test

NanoRox

Question:  when do you start counting the number of reagent drops?  As soon as the test tube turns light blue or when it turns the same blue on the test card?  Seems very subjective so I question my results.

9 minutes ago, TheBig053 said:

My understanding was to start counting as soon as you begin the drops. I would recommend upgrading to their Reef Pro test kit to test Ca, Mag, and Alk.

I tested today and did actually what you said.  makes more sense.  Thanks!

• Like 1

the instructions say to start counting after first drop.  one drop, light blue, then start your count.  I had that test kit and then got the Hanna DKH checker.  Far better, less subjective and reviews as accurate.  

12 minutes ago, brianinak said:

the instructions say to start counting after first drop.  one drop, light blue, then start your count.  I had that test kit and then got the Hanna DKH checker.  Far better, less subjective and reviews as accurate.  

I think I have it now but I also have an API Calcium test but question the results...Going to get the Hanna for Ca and low phosphorous also.  They are so expensive though!!