Top Shelf Aquatics

RO buddie question

Jeff K

We have high Nitrates in our well water, so I bought an RO buddie to remove them. I hooked it all up two days ago and I still have high nitrates in the RO water. 

We are newbies and just setting up our tank, I thought this was the right purchase but I'm not sure now.

My TDS meter isn't here yet so I'm not sure where the TDS is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I use the RO Buddie RODI system myself and it tested 0 for nitrates on my water. I do believe that they sell a system without the De-Ionization chamber though. Do you have the filled black see through chamber for De-Ionization?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 9:56 PM, Clown79 said:

Is an rodi or just ro system.

With ro only there still will be tds in the water.

Come to Vancouver, the TDS out of the tap is so low, one can consistently get 0 TDS without using DI.  

Mine is 200-250 out of the tap and 4-6 before DI chamber DI is more important with higher TDS out the tap.

id bet your well Water is 400+ so without DI your best case would be 15+ tds 

12 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Must be nice. Mine is 500+

I am getting 16 currently from the tap. Upside is the tap is perfect for south american freshwater fish who thrive in it. There are some who just run the water through carbon block then directly into DI and skip the RO phase completely since DI resin tends to last long enough to make it worth it.

• Like 1