Coral Vue Hydros

Mini 4G

Carlitos

Hi, this is my first post and I wonna show mi 4 gallons

It’s only one week old and I want to know your opinion about mi baby-nano.

I have used a Sicce MobyDick 20l aquarium (40$)

To complete the nano I put a 25w heater, 2 powerheads (Eheim 300) and a 18w PL (white-blue). I have painted the back side with a blue spray too

264510-2109.jpg264513-8055.jpg

I had some problems with the temperature so I decided t use a PC fan like this way:

265782-1823.jpg

When the water is fogy I use a little filter (15g/h); in a half hour aprox. the nano look completely clear:

264515-3548.jpg

Now one of my friends is making a “DIY skimmer” to me. I think that this week it will be ready:

266407-6162.jpg266407-6162.jpg

Hey carlitos, it looks like you are off to a good start. that DIY mini PS looks very nice. The green one is a kind of caulerpa I have the same red macro algae you have, do you know its name?

Kadir

i really dont think you even need a skimmer in a 4gal tank just as you keep up with weekly water changes ,get that thing outa there unsightly but otherwise great lookin tank

The caulerpa is "caulerpa prolifera".

About the skimmer, when I began with my nano I was not sure about the use of the skimmer in these small nanos.

But a few months later, after some problems with the clearness of the surface, I decided to make use of a little skimmer. And I must say that I`m very satisfied with the effects.

Now I've a bigger project (36 l) and something is sure, I'll put a homemade skimmer :).

Originally posted by Negu

But a few months later, after some problems with the clearness of the surface, I decided to make use of a little skimmer. And I must say that I`m very satisfied with the effects.

Did you create something that would skim the surface for your skimmer? If not, the film would most likely remain, unless you have a few ph's point drectly at the surface to break up the scum.

HTH

I’m happy you like it.

I never had used skimmer but Negu said me that his nano look better after he use this one. It’s very chip, about 5€ and I have decided to try it. (Thank you for mi new skimmer, Negu)

The green macro is “Caulerpa prolifea”. It grow fast, about one leaf at 2 days and the reproduction is very easy

The second macro I know anything about; it haven’t roots and grow slowly. It was a present of pet shop and you can found this macro in the Mediterranean’s coast so it’s usual.

There is a little snail black and yellow in said the nano, but I have no pics because is a few slippery. Tomorrow I’ll try again…

Do you like the “actinias”?

The green look very nice but mi favorite is the other one. I feed them with a little piece of fish 2 times at week. It isn’t a very hard work, is it?

I'm sorry but my girlfriend took my camera and I've made the pics with my mobile.

This is testing the skimmer:

Skimmer%203.jpg

This is how look my nano with the skimmer:

skimmer%204.jpg

Archived