Cultivated Reef

Danish 14G SW playground

Wiinberg

Hi there!

Just wanted to show what i'm tinkering with these days. I actually decided to shut down not long ago, and started to sell off my corals and fish from my 66G. But it was just too hard, so i started fragging some of the corals and began looking for a new tank. I ended up with a std. Eheim 14G freshwater tank. I made a cutout and glued a overflow on the back and a 10G sump in the cabinet. 

The sump has freshwater chamber, a fragment chamber with DSB and return chamber where the skimmer stands. It's only been up and running for 3 weeks now, so not much to show yet. Hopefully the bottom 1/4 will be filled with zoas and then SPS for the rest. But theres a long way to go :D Would love to get a hold on some of the sweet acros you guys have, but that doesn't seem to be a reachable goal. I'm actually going to New York (first trip to the states) next week and tried to see what it would take to bring home som frags, but it's just too much paperwork, money and time (minimum 4-6 month processing time on permits).

So...

Tank dim: 24x12x12

Light: OR Arctic T247 (from my old tank, looking for a 4x24w Sunpower)

Flow: MP10QD

Skimmer: Coral Box S150

Return: Tunze Silence 800 l/h

Frag light: DIY led with Maxspect Razor puck

Used some rocks from my old tank, ditched the sand this time and going BB. Got some zoas, a watermelon chalice and a couple of acros and montis from my old tank too. 2 blue chromis and some snails.

Fun fact: While we are pretty envy on you guys when thinking about prices (pretty low compared to Denmark) and availability on gear and corals, i just saw the other day that a ATI Sunpower 4x24w are almost 100$ cheaper in Denmark compared to BRS! Wooo, something to brag about :D 

Pictures!

v32eTO.jpg

PCUKdz.jpg

k2wxwL.jpg

yJ7bFb.jpg

MW9vPg.jpg

ndTIjc.jpg

euDcFl.jpg

sDgsWT.jpg

Hope you guys like it :)

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Wiinberg said:

Hi there!

Just wanted to show what i'm tinkering with these days. I actually decided to shut down not long ago, and started to sell off my corals and fish from my 66G. But it was just too hard, so i started fragging some of the corals and began looking for a new tank. I ended up with a std. Eheim 14G freshwater tank. I made a cutout and glued a overflow on the back and a 10G sump in the cabinet. 

The sump has freshwater chamber, a fragment chamber with DSB and return chamber where the skimmer stands. It's only been up and running for 3 weeks now, so not much to show yet. Hopefully the bottom 1/4 will be filled with zoas and then SPS for the rest. But theres a long way to go :D Would love to get a hold on some of the sweet acros you guys have, but that doesn't seem to be a reachable goal. I'm actually going to New York (first trip to the states) next week and tried to see what it would take to bring home som frags, but it's just too much paperwork, money and time (minimum 4-6 month processing time on permits).

So...

Tank dim: 24x12x12

Light: OR Arctic T247 (from my old tank, looking for a 4x24w Sunpower)

Flow: MP10QD

Skimmer: Coral Box S150

Return: Tunze Silence 800 l/h

Frag light: DIY led with Maxspect Razor puck

Used some rocks from my old tank, ditched the sand this time and going BB. Got some zoas, a watermelon chalice and a couple of acros and montis from my old tank too. 2 blue chromis and some snails.

Fun fact: While we are pretty envy on you guys when thinking about prices (pretty low compared to Denmark) and availability on gear and corals, i just saw the other day that a ATI Sunpower 4x24w are almost 100$ cheaper in Denmark compared to BRS! Wooo, something to brag about :D 

Pictures!

v32eTO.jpg

PCUKdz.jpg

k2wxwL.jpg

yJ7bFb.jpg

MW9vPg.jpg

ndTIjc.jpg

euDcFl.jpg

sDgsWT.jpg

Hope you guys like it :)

I like it :)  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing much happening, got some new acros, but haven't mounted them yet. Placed and order on a ATI Sunpower 4x24w that should arrive tomorrow (hopefully), and then we'll see where the new corals should go. Other than that, i put a bottom in my stand instead of the sump sitting on the floor. Looks better, but now i can actually hear the skimmer and return more then before, bummer! And it's tight! Not much room to work on now.

DSC_0983.JPG

DSC_0984.JPG

DSC_0986.JPG

DSC_0987.JPG

DSC_0989.JPG

DSC_0990.JPG

DSC_0985.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

• Like 1