Top Shelf Aquatics

Anyone heard of "ZOE" vitamins?

JSinger884

Today I was at my LFS and they were talking about some product named "Zoe" or something that helps build a fish's immunity. Has anyone ever heard of this stuff and does it work??

Zoe vitamins are a mineral supplement for fish. If you add it directly to the tank the bottle goes pretty quick but will add essential minerals that your coral need. I use it to stimulate coraline algae, which I have not started with corals yet. Zoe vitamins are good for your fish food to add nutrients. I also mainly use it to soak my guppies in it for the lionfish because he refuses to eat frozen for freeze dried. Frozen food, flakes, and freeze dried food provide a lot of nutrients already so it is pretty unecessary to use it. It works well with feeders since they lack the nutrients the fish need to stay healthy especially brine shrimp food. It also carries spirulina that are not available in other foods. Consists of calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, ascorbic acid, Vitamin B1, B6, B12, and Niacin. I use kent marine zoe. I guess it all depends on what you use it for and what fish you have.

Actally yes, i was told that it could help stimulate the growth for fairly new tanks enriching your water with minerals aiding in the development of coraline. It doesn't make it, it makes the tank and inhabitants healthier and promotes growth. It also has algae in it. The bottle states that it is especially used for inverts. I added strontium, kalkwasser, iodide, and zoe. I have coraline algae growing on my coral skeletons and live rock in just about 1.5 weeks. Robert Fenner of The marine aquarist recommends this for algae growth. That is when i decided to try it to add some color in my tank considering I have just live rock and no coral.

Archived