SaltCritters.com

What size jebao wave maker do I need?

Reeferdave1960

Reeferdave1960

Hi

My Biocube 32 is due in later this week. 

And I am getting the rest of my equipment together. I want to order my wavemaker, after much reading I am going with jebao brand, what size do I need? I plan on having two eventually to make some good turbulence. I will be starting out once the tank has cycled etc with softies and LPS corals but will eventually try some SPS corals. I have already contacted Nanobox about the lighting upgrade. I am just not sure about flow.

Thanks for your help

Dave 

Reeferdave1960
8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Pp4 or rw4

Thanks, 

I have one PP4 being delivered today or tomorrow, Once my tank cycles I will order the second.  I have read that I can link two of them together, Do I need two controllers and if not is there a place to order just the wavemaker and not the controller? Id rather put any savings towards something I need and not have an extra piece of equipment  stuck in a drawer that is not needed. 

Thanks again

Dave

1 hour ago, Reeferdave1960 said:

Thanks, 

I have one PP4 being delivered today or tomorrow, Once my tank cycles I will order the second.  I have read that I can link two of them together, Do I need two controllers and if not is there a place to order just the wavemaker and not the controller? Id rather put any savings towards something I need and not have an extra piece of equipment  stuck in a drawer that is not needed. 

Thanks again

Dave

Linking them together means using the wireless master/slave function to make them sync or anti-sync. You still need the controller for power and to allow the wireless communication between the pumps. 

Reeferdave1960
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Linking them together means using the wireless master/slave function to make them sync or anti-sync. You still need the controller for power and to allow the wireless communication between the pumps. 

Ok, 

Thanks for the information, next week I will order another one. 

If I am sync them can I use pumps of different flow rates? I was thinking of getting a PP8 for the second pump

Just now, Reeferdave1960 said:

Ok, 

Thanks for the information, next week I will order another one. 

If I am sync them can I use pumps of different flow rates? I was thinking of getting a PP8 for the second pump

Youll just use the PP8 at 10-20% to avoid blowing all your sand around, so personally I would prefer the smaller PP4. I have two PP4s in my 70 gallon aquarium for random water movement and their flow is pretty darn good. 

Reeferdave1960
25 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Youll just use the PP8 at 10-20% to avoid blowing all your sand around, so personally I would prefer the smaller PP4. I have two PP4s in my 70 gallon aquarium for random water movement and their flow is pretty darn good. 

Awesome good to know

Thanks again for your help...

SelectedByNature
5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

In a 32g you may only need 1 pp4. The jebao are pretty powerful.

I have a Biocube 32G and I completely agree with the above. I have two PP-4 and I still haven't figured out how to use two properly in this size aquarium.

• 1 month later...