ReefCleaners.org

Media Basket and Biocube 29 HQI

Dominator

Hey Steve, just wondering....will the normal biocube 29 version basket fit in my HQI (newer version, with small window cut out for fuge light).

I was wondering if its necessary to cut that tab off between chamber 1-2. 

I was going to just drop it in and remove the horizontal piece that holds the stock filter pads. 

18 hours ago, Dominator said:

Hey Steve, just wondering....will the normal biocube 29 version basket fit in my HQI (newer version, with small window cut out for fuge light).

I was wondering if its necessary to cut that tab off between chamber 1-2. 

I was going to just drop it in and remove the horizontal piece that holds the stock filter pads. 

Yes.  The Oceanic Media Basket also fits the HQI version, it's the same tank, just a different light.

You can not use the water director unless to make the chamber wall flush across by cutting that dumb tab.

• Like 1

Hey Steve. Just to let you know. I guess there is a newer version of the HQI and I had to remove another tab on the back to let the basket to fit. Also I had to saw off the little feet on the bottom to let it fit my hqi. If not, the basket sat higher than the flow deflector. 

Now it fits perfectly. I have noticed that with the deflector on the water level in display is exactly as it was before. If I remove that, the water level in the display drops. So that tab is there to keep the water level a tab higher I believe. I know some people remove it without your media basket, so I don’t know what their water level on their display side is like, but mine drops about 3/16” below the plastic trim on my tank. 

I just noticed, this is the coralife version....I see you had it cut already on the oceanic. 

Great product. Exetremlly well made. 

Just thought i would would make a note of this for anyone who has the newer 29 HQI. 

In the pic. In the upper left hand portion, you can see where I had to cut to let the basket and the defelector fit. 

9D3DF4BE-1E9E-419F-8856-6360999D9C1D.jpeg