Pod Your Reef

NanoBox Colorado Trip

DaveFason

I was able to sneak away Thursday - Sunday to visit Jake from ReefBuilders, do a store tour of Denver and shoot a video with Jake about nanos. Tickets are sub $200 from Greensboro to Denver so this was an easy, YES! 

I arrived Thursday morning on the first flight in. We planned the day to head to high country and fish a lake I found on google maps. After the intense hike in we entered a brookie trout paradise. We were just under 12K elevation, full sun and a lake to fish for our selves. Incredible way to start the trip! 

Me :

davemountain

Jake :

cotrip

Hiking Up :

cotrip-27cotrip-5

Lower Lake :

cotrip-2

Brookies :

cotrip-19cotrip-13cotrip-14

Friday & Saturday we visited a bunch of the local shops in Denver. From reef shops, planted shops, reptile, bird, etc. It was cool to see how diverse the selection was in the Denver area. If you follow NanoBox on Instagram you would have seen all the stores. My favorite shop was Aquatic Art. The healthy and diverse selection of SPS was incredible. I really wanted to come home with a frag pack! 

While I was there I swapped out Jakes old light with a new NanoBox. The tank itself is incredibly simple but looks great. 

jakenanoNBRjakenanoNBR1-5jakenanoNBR1-4jakenanoNBR1-3

To finish the trip we decided to host a live YouTube feed about nano aquariums and NanoBox. It was a fun discussion and I think we will do more of these. The nano niche is only growing! 

Overall an incredible weekend! I always come back from trips like these inspired and more driven. Thanks for looking!

-Dave

• Like 14
  • Wow 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful Set-up Jake, and Dave, always love your video and Sexy lights. It adds a whole new character  to an existing masterpiece. Great Job guys!

-ReX 

By the way Jake, what magnets or where can I get those magnets you used?

9 hours ago, spectra said:

Looks like a great trip!

Hoping to get your way very soon! 

8 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

Beautiful Set-up Jake, and Dave, always love your video and Sexy lights. It adds a whole new character  to an existing masterpiece. Great Job guys!

-ReX 

By the way Jake, what magnets or where can I get those magnets you used?

He uses some of the Alternative Reef pieces or old Tunze magnets. Simple as that. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, cju84 said:

Sounds like a great little trip.  Currently planning a CO trip next month for some hiking/fishing myself.

Wonderful! You will love it out there. I am heading to the Sierras before LA RAP next week. Super excited. 

21 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

I grew up in Colorado.  It's beautiful and I love the weather.  I'd move back if I could! 

Really is an incredible place. The Golden area is one of my favorites. 

11 hours ago, vaughnking said:

Looks like a blast! I learned so much about your product after watching your interview with Jake. Keep up the great work!

It sure was and glad the video was informative. We wanted it to be low key and fun. Thanks!