Coral Vue Hydros

Algae ID

aerotiy

Hello all, I need help identifying this algae that has been growing the past few days.

My salinity is 1.025

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate is around 10

pH 8.0

I used dry rock and a 10 pound bag of Caribbean aragalive Fiji pink sand to start this tank

Attached are a few of the best pics I could take. On close inspection I noticed a few of the brown spots have air bubbles on them. I don’t know what to do.

935C3AA2-EEE4-48F5-B2F8-E73FE3EE816D.jpeg

0CE54B19-EAB0-471E-B56A-85BBD80BDEB0.jpeg

Diatoms are normal when cycling a tank.  Just wait it out and let the normal progression of the biology cycle thru differrent algae blooms.  

How long has your tank  been set up?

16 minutes ago, Subsea said:

Diatoms are normal when cycling a tank.  Just wait it out and let the normal progression of the biology cycle thru differrent algae blooms.  

How long has your tank  been set up?

It’s been about a month since I first started. I got two Cerith Snails after reading they’ll eat a variety of things including the diatoms.

Once the natural silica in the system from the rock/sand is depleted they'll disappear. Keep an eye on the cerith's. It's hit or miss as to whether they'll eat diatoms and there doesn't appear to be any other algae for them. A little soon to be adding snails if no other algal types to feed them. And they can find the darndest places to expire. Welcome to the obsession.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Oldsalt01 said:

Once the natural silica in the system from the rock/sand is depleted they'll disappear. Keep an eye on the cerith's. It's hit or miss as to whether they'll eat diatoms and there doesn't appear to be any other algae for them. A little soon to be adding snails if no other algal types to feed them. And they can find the darndest places to expire. Welcome to the obsession.

I’ve been keeping an eye on them and watched them eating the algae off the glass so I think they’ll be okay. I got about 5 nerites in there now with them because the stuff is just everywhere at this point. And yes haha the obsession is getting bad.