Cultivated Reef

Tank backdrop or painting the back

Flexin

flatlandreefer

Black provides the best look imo and the corals really contrast off the black. I also like certain tanks without a background at all just clear glass. Stay away from a backdrop though I think paint is your best bet and it will be hard to change later if you end up wishing you would have painted it instead of just using a backdrop. 

This is helpful.  I was leaning towards black or a dark blue.  My default was black but sometimes I need help gong outside the box :)    In regards to type of paint, I see some use Krylon, acrylic non toxic, and even plasti dip.  Plasti dip seems like an interesting option since it comes off (if I ever want to) same with acrylic.  This will be on a glass tank.

Oddly enough, I may be able to get away with noting since the walls are blue, lol  Its in a corner so it may also add some depth.  I will place it and then decide.  Found a great deep dark royal blue though..

The most honest picture I could get of the paint job.  The AIs are at 50% and 50% overall.  I placed the pipe tape in there as a color reference.  Came out nice, no runs or drips.  My office walls are blue also, so it does not stand out in a bad way at all.  Thanks for all the info.