inTank Media Baskets

MP10 failure/repair

kcamp317

I recently picked up a nice used bio cube 29 after being out of the hobby for 5 years.  Currently have it cycling.  The deal came with a ton of equipment including an MP-10.   I put it in the tank and played with the settings for a few days then it came up with the flashing green/red on the button which means its dead.    Any reset attempt doesn't work because in that condition the buttons are locked out.

I called the manufacturer and they gave me a form to fill out and send it back to see if they can repair it.  Obviously being a 2014 build date its far out of warranty.   

My question is if anyone has had experience with this before.  I'm just wondering if its even worth it to try to get it repaired or just buy a new one?  I did research the new ones and they seem to be quieter.    I'd just rather not pay to ship it there and back just to find out its not repairable and Id have to get a new one anyway.  

If it’s repairable a 2014 build date should still be quiet. What you need is the quiet drive driver (black). That is what makes the newer stuff quiet. I put a new driver on my 11/2014 and it is silent and has been for 2 years. You may need a new dry side or it may be repairable. Either way have them send it back to you with a new quiet drive driver. You’ll still come out cheaper than brand new and you won’t be able to tell the difference if they do it right. 

Ok thanks.   I guess I have nothing to lose by having them give it a shot.   The wet side is perfectly clean and spins freely so I'm sure it has something to do with the dry side components.