Top Shelf Aquatics

Fiji cube 7 gallon pico, a new AIO to the market

mantisman379

Hey guys those of you that are interested in the Fiji cube pico 7 gallon all in one reef tank, here's a review/unboxing of it! Link to the tank:

https://www.fijicube.com/products/pico-7-gallon-all-in-one-acrylic-tank-fiji-cube

I could not find any reviews or anything about this tank so I made one, (they just started shipping out a month ago) though I'm in college and new to YouTube, I still shot it in 4K and think I got a good idea of the tank. (This is my 5th saltwater aquarium)

The amount the acrylic bows is alarming to me, let me know what you think!

Heres a link to the video!  

Enjoy! I'll make more video as time goes on but I am in college so shit gets busy!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The amount the acrylic is bowing would make me realllyyyy uncomfortable. That can't be normal. Otherwise though it looks like a nice AIO setup especially for beginners, like a better version of the JBJ 3 gal "AIO" that I started with.

Yeah! Thanks for the comment. It definitely concerns me long term I'm not sure what will happen with the seals. I mean it's a great design, I really appreciate all the room in the back chamber. 

I think I am going to say something to the Fiji cube company. If this aquarium was made of glass Im sure it would eliminate most if not all the bowing in the acrylic. Also i cannot afford 7 gallons on saltwater on the floor of my college rental home.

• mantisman379 changed the title to Fiji cube 7 gallon pico, a new AIO to the market

Very nice looking tank.

Acrylic tanks not eurobraced bow. The unfortunate thing is that it does put pressure on the seams. 

The IM drop off tanks were made with acrylic and 95% reviews were badly bowing, some leaking . They are now discontinued and the new release are made with glass. 

I would contact the company

BIG NEWS GUYS! Ive been in contact with Fiji cube and showed them my video and they are now working on making a glass version of the 7 gallon AIO as well as 3 new sizes

The one I am most excited for the 15 gallon, It should be like a smaller version of the IM 25 Lagoon  that's so popular.

These tanks would also have chamfered corners to look really professional, like a Japanese Amano tank.

I am really excited about this Minnesota based company, Ill get the glass version as soon as possible and put some videos out

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

nice thing about that tank is their media basket actually looks useful. unlike how when getting a IM caddy basket, vs a Intank which holds more space for a IM tank. price isnt to bad either.

I really like their drop-in 40G AIO.  I just don't like the false/raised bottom on the first and second chambers design that mimic those in most IM Nuvo's.  I wonder if they can get rid of the false bottom and make the kit looks like the back of IM 30L. 

@mantisman379, you mentioned they're pretty easy going as far as customer relation/request?  I'd definitely keep these guys in mind if I go down that route. 

mantisman379
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, micoastreefing said:

I really like their drop-in 40G AIO.  I just don't like the false/raised bottom on the first and second chambers design that mimic those in most IM Nuvo's.  I wonder if they can get rid of the false bottom and make the kit looks like the back of IM 30L. 

@mantisman379, you mentioned they're pretty easy going as far as customer relation/request?  I'd definitely keep these guys in mind if I go down that route. 

Yeah I messaged the owner on facebook (just message their facebook page and he responds within the hour. They are based in Minnesota a few hours from where I live in Wisconsin.

I found a flaw in their design of the 7 gallon pico, the last chamber that over flows into the return pump chamber is too high, relative to the surface skimmer from the tank to the first chamber,so it doesnt skim that well. I told him of this design flaw and he said he is adjusting the design.  There is a nasty surface film on the tank unless i skim the top with a net, so thats a bummer.

It will be exciting to see when these changes come out. It is defintely nice having the extra room in the rear chambers, plenty of room for a HOB reactor and protein skimmer. 

I will be making a video talking about design flaws, pros and cons of this system and outline the conversations I have had with Fiji Cube. Let me know if you guys want to see anything specific.

mantisman379
On 9/29/2017 at 12:20 PM, RobSpeed13 said:

nice thing about that tank is their media basket actually looks useful. unlike how when getting a IM caddy basket, vs a Intank which holds more space for a IM tank. price isnt to bad either.

The media basket is alright, I would prefer a filter sock though because I find that the sponge does not catch much debris in the tank, I do use the ceramic rings though, the carbon they included releases so much dust I have not used it.

Fiji Cube Aquatic

Thanks mantisman379 and others for all the feedback provided. We are an aquatic start up company based in Minneapolis, MN and continue to improve and optimize the design of our products to meet customer needs. As mantisman379 has mentioned, we will be working to improve this AIO tank to an ultra clear low iron glass version and plan to release the product in Summer 2018, stay tuned for updates. 

• Like 1
On 10/5/2017 at 11:23 AM, mantisman379 said:

The media basket is alright, I would prefer a filter sock though because I find that the sponge does not catch much debris in the tank, I do use the ceramic rings though, the carbon they included releases so much dust I have not used it.

Personally, I would just toss the sponge  and rings and replace them with floss and chemical media. I do not see the point of either when a person has live rock. Fiji Cube may want to rethink what they include, rings and sponges as it is not really recommended anymore.

The media basket itself looks great, just not the media.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:30 PM, Fiji Cube Aquatic said:

Thanks mantisman379 and others for all the feedback provided. We are an aquatic start up company based in Minneapolis, MN and continue to improve and optimize the design of our products to meet customer needs. As mantisman379 has mentioned, we will be working to improve this AIO tank to an ultra clear low iron glass version and plan to release the product in Summer 2018, stay tuned for updates. 

Why do you guys have the raised bottom in the back of your AIO's? It is the one thing I hate about my IM tank... impossible to clean in there if any debris gets through or god forbid a person uses a refugium in the back and the cheato bits get under there. My 20g AIO doesn't have this false bottom and I have not noticed any differences other than it is easier to clean.

It is nice to see some more options popping up. Look forward to seeing where this leads.

• Like 1