Cultivated Reef

Jebao SW2. Faulty?

xthunt

I've been using a Jebao PP4 in my Fusion 20, but couldn't enjoy playing with it because could only keep it on the lowest setting or it would be too much flow (I think), and made the night mode useless. 

Came home from vacation to a new SW2 I ordered. When installed I noticed the propeller doesn't halt like the PP4 when on the W1 pulse mode, but feeling the motor cable it does feel like pulsing but more like it does on W2. Thinking it might be the controller, I hooked up the controller from the PP4 and was the same thing, except i could get it to halt when on the top speeds. Faulty motor, maybe missing a ground? Contacted seller waiting to hear back. But wondering if this is normal for the SW2 before I return. 

I have the sw2. It doesn't stop and go as you mention unless 2 are set up on c mode. Then 1 stops while the other goes on.

There is a stop and go pulse but it depends on how fast you set up the intervals, will depend on how much you visually see it occuring.

W2 is far more wave like than w1.