inTank Media Baskets

Refugium Suggestions?

Foogoo

My 10 gallon nano is open-top except for a 6" or so wide wooden "structure" I built to house a diy 55 watt PC. Any suggestions for a refugium without drilling? I can't think of anyway I would be able to have the refuge over the tank. The AquaFuge looks like a good solution but $90??

printerdown01

Why not use a U-tube for an overflow, from the fuge to the main tank, and a powerhead from the main tank to the fuge? If you put both of the tanks level to one another (the top of you fuge is level to the top of your maintank) the water circulation will work perfectly! You could use anything to create the fuge, even just a tupperware container... I went with a 2.5 gallon tank with black trim just so it matched my main tank. You know what I'm talking about with a U-tube? -you probably do I just want to make sure.

Pretty nice looking Dave.

Just looked them up and the small model seems to go for about $299, although its alot of cash it does come with a light and mud.

Can't seem to find the dimensions on this ... any luck?

Printer to put it simply.... And Ive told others thsi (DJM !) an overflow takes up too much real-estate in a 10 gal tank. U could also go with the small version of the CPR refuge. it is like 14 inches long (I think) at 109.00 its a good unit, but has to be kept clean in the overflow or else it will clog and slow yer rate of return IME just do lots of W/C and all will be good.. beside Why use a fuge? a great many of my micro reefs DONT use any outside filtartion try an AquariumSystems Duetto internal filter.. U just might like a self contained system !

no sig = NO need to search

Archived