Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

For my blasto tank

Minmay

Hi all, finally unboxed my 2nd fluval 13.5g. I want to have a theme of blastos and 1 blue spot jawfish. So, I know jawfish require a deep sandbed and the deeper it is the better. I've been doing some research and stumbled on someone who premade a burrow with PVC and dry barnacles. So, with this in mind I wont need a deep sandbed (YAY). Here's a pic of the aquascape. It may change but so far this is what i have. I tried to have the rocks as even as I could. I didnt want to create too much of a shadow. The little rock island on the other end is just there to represent where I want to place the pvc and the dry barnacle will be attached so that he can enter through the barnacles inside pvc that will be shaped into a square. Also, i had a thought of gluing GSP onto the barnacles? What do you guys/gals think?

IMG_2017-08-25_11-53-39.JPG

that's cool, but you probably want to move teh rock away from the AIO wall a bit, so you ahve space to put a algae scrubber/scrapper through.  :) 

also, keep your livestock needs/preferences...do they need caves, valleys, etc? then aquascape with those in mind!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

that's cool, but you probably want to move teh rock away from the AIO wall a bit, so you ahve space to put a algae scrubber/scrapper through.  :) 

also, keep your livestock needs/preferences...do they need caves, valleys, etc? then aquascape with those in mind!

Oooo thats right. Wasnt thinking about that. Thank u. Its hard to tell from the pic but there are like spaces inbetween the rocks that he can swim around once he feels safe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have. Link to the pvc/barnacle burrow,

I'd love a Jawfish but hate dsb's.

The rockwork looks good.

I love blastos. So pretty. Can't wait to see the new tank in action

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Do you have. Link to the pvc/barnacle burrow,

I'd love a Jawfish but hate dsb's.

The rockwork looks good.

I love blastos. So pretty. Can't wait to see the new tank in action

I dont have the link where I specifically found the person who did the DIY but I believe it was on this forum. I tried to do a search again and it seems alot of ppl have done DIY homes for their BSJ. Here's a link of where to buy the dry barnacle https://www.reefcleaners.org/aquarium-store/rock. I decided not to buy BSJ anymore because I read that they need a colder temp to thrive and i wont buy a chiller for a 13.5 tank. Also, I rescaped my rock. 

IMG_2017-08-31_14-57-06.JPG

8 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Thank you.

I like it.

How about a pearl Jawfish, they are really pretty

You're welcome. Hmmmm so not all jawfish need colder temp? If thats the case maybe i'll think about that about that. I was rethinking a two spot blenny.