Cultivated Reef

Tank swap

Foxface2

I have a 29 gallon  weekly water changes I have an 80 gallon with 15 gallon sump also would I still do weekly water changes of 25% if i switch tanks given the water volume change I have 3 1" fish seems I could add a couple fish and still do at least bi weekly changes

Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Foxface2!

In an established system, 25% weekly water changes is probably doing more than is necessary. If you're planning to move everything from the 29 to the 80 gallon, bi-weekly water changes would be just fine. This is assuming you're moving the established live rock and all. Just be sure to monitor your water parameters with testing after the move so you catch any issues early. Eventually as you stop making fish additions to the new larger tank, it should become quite stable and you could probably switch to monthly water changes.

Thanks plan on adding fish slow sand from 29 gallon covers about 1" of the 80 rock is about 1/2 the height and total length Not sure# wise but close to 80 I think 

1503690732274-939417883.jpg

1503690778166-70241868.jpg