Pod Your Reef

Walt's 10 gallon

wallywaltt

Here is my 10 gallon AGA (a work in progress). It started out as a nano-cube, but that thing started leaking and pretty much sucked all around so I recently moved everything to this 10 gallon and upgraded lighting and flow. The 10 has been up about a month, and the nano-cube was up for about 5 months before.

Inhabitants:

Fighting conch

Barnicle Blenny

assorted cleaner snails

hitchhiker serpent starfish

numerous other hitchhikers

Crocea Clam

large feather duster

Corals:

Different color zoos

blue ric

Purple gorgonian

Lobophylia (i think)

pompom xenia

acropora humilis

green digitata

brown digitata

german blue digitata (brown, starting to color up)

Hitchhiker encrusting montipora

Specs:

10 gallon AGA

70watt 20k MH

2 minijet 606

1 AC500 HOB converted to fuge

(about 400 to 500 GPH total)

Surface skimmer attachment

Coralife skimmer

Coolworks chiller installed in fuge w/ controller

Custom canopy w/ 2 80mm fans (very silent)

attachment.php?postid=21027

fortheloveofcrabs

Wow - kick-ass tank. It is really something. You did a wonderful job. That's pretty good that you got a clam in there is under six months!

I was thinking of picking up one of those coralife skimmers. How do you find it? Is it worth the money, or is it a peice of crap? Thanks.

Thanks for the comments.

Fortheloveofcrabs: Its been six months, most everything was the same that was inside the nanocube. (except most of the hard corals and clam). I haven't really got to use the skimmer yet. I have a POS $6 airpump that I tried running it off but that thing was noisy and sucked. Im going to purchase a better air pump, then I will let you know, but it seems like it will work well.

coral reef: here you go.

attachment.php?postid=21277

attachment.php?postid=21276

I have a extra 32w CSL pc retrofit that i might add, but I am happy with the lighting so far. I should have painted before using sealant as you can see in the picture...[

Originally posted by wallywaltt

Barnicle Blenny:

attachment.php?postid=21031

That fish looks possessed, does it always stare out at you like its gonna jump out and imbed itself into your chest?

Ya, that fish always looks pretty crazy. Sometimes it will spin around in the hole and it looks like its head is twisting all the way around like the exorcist...

What do you reefers think about a Christmas tree worm, or a Christmas tree rock? I am already adding phyto for my clam and feather duster. Anyone have any experience with these?? I think it would be a nice addition, has anyone had these in a nano for more than a year?

Archived