Top Shelf Aquatics

Hanna Phosphorus ULR hidden function?

rsucre

Hi.  Today, I found out that if you have the Hanna Phosphorus ULR checker off and you keep the button pressed (instead of just clicking it), I get a series of codes.  I got:  736, 1.05, -01.  I guess they are some kind of troubleshooting or self-test values.  Can others try it and share their values?  Anybody knows what they mean?  Have you seen documentation referring to this?

Just did the same with my Hanna Alkalinity (dKH) tester (hold the button when off) and I got the following codes: 772, 1.07. 

On 8/20/2017 at 10:25 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

i just held down the button on my Alk checker and got 

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42!!!!

Is yours dKH or ppm Alk checker?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scurvy dawg said:

I think you are "lost" dude

Why do you say I am "lost"?  What's your contribution to this thread?

There are two models of Hanna Alkalinity Checker:

• Model HI755, which measures Alkalinity in PPM.
  • Model HI772, which measures Alkalinity in dKH.
On 9/2/2017 at 2:08 PM, rsucre said:

Why do you say I am "lost"?  What's your contribution to this thread?

There are two models of Hanna Alkalinity Checker:

• Model HI755, which measures Alkalinity in PPM.
  • Model HI772, which measures Alkalinity in dKH.

Referencing the show "Lost" with the numbers that Gone Phishin gave .  Relax a bit buddy.<_<

4 hours ago, scurvy dawg said:

Referencing the show "Lost" with the numbers that Gone Phishin gave .  Relax a bit buddy.<_<

I wanted to know if the numbers vary depending on the model.  According to Hanna the numbers are SKU codes.

But besides that, why take the time to reply to my thread just to say that you think "I'm lost".  What's the value of that?  I'm relaxed, but I think that was not nice or useful in any way.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:07 PM, rsucre said:

I wanted to know if the numbers vary depending on the model.  According to Hanna the numbers are SKU codes.

But besides that, why take the time to reply to my thread just to say that you think "I'm lost".  What's the value of that?  I'm relaxed, but I think that was not nice or useful in any way.

Someone made a funny joke based on the Lost #s and I played along.  Why you being such a snowflake about it?  It's not like your original post was a desperate plea for help or that you were having a tank emergency.  No worries though, I will ignore you now so I won't be tempted in posting some light hearted humor in your posts anymore.

Regarding my original question about the series of numbers when the Hanna checker is turned on by keeping the button pressed for some seconds, they responded that the numbers are SKU and other information.  That closes the issue.  Thanks.

Its normal internal coding/sku information, all Checkers have this. Has nothing to do with the troubleshooting or self-test values