Cultivated Reef

Help with an ID.

Cesar

I just noticed something growing out of my LR. I was wondering if it can be something. It's round with a bit of green in the center and brown on the outside. It even looks as if it has small little tentacles on the sides. I thought I could have been something like Polyps, but they are growing out of no where in my LR. There are about 9 little circles. I mean little little. I took a picture and tried to post it but it says here that picture is too big to post. :(

shutterbuggy

You may be describing something that I have been trying to identify for months now. I originally noticed two circles about 1/4 inch in diameter on my LR when I first started my tank. One of them actually was moving across the rock. They both survived the cycle, and in fact one of them budded a third, which would only be about 1/16 of an inch across. Several times during the day they would pull in their tentacles and a flourescent green would colour them. When the tentacles are extended the tips of them glow a lighter colour than that of the murky brown colour that makes up the rest of the tentacle. Just the other day I noticed when it had its tentacles retracted, that the inner part was glowing a vibrant pink and was puffy, yet the flourecent green surrounded it. I am assuming that it is a type of anemone of some sort. Being so small it has yet to do any harm (if it is aggressive) to corals or anything for that matter. I would love to identify it....

Anybody have a guess???

Well I recieved some info on another thread. Someone said that mine could be either zoo's or polyps. Some say it's a bad thing because it can grow so much that I will have them all over the tank. I thought they were kind of cool because I was planing to buy some in my LFS.

Archived