Innovative Marine Aquariums

A very easy way to frag most corals

Asterix

I am not sure if any of you have ever tried this, But it has worked really well for me when fragging GSP's, ZOO's,Xenia..etc...Its kind of barbaric, But works really good. It involves a cheap hacksaw (cost~ $5.00) and a small rubbermaid partially filled with tank water...Simply put, Just saw the rock in half, I have fragged a few different types of corals like this, Its really easy...And you dont have to wait for the corals to atatch to a new rock. The rock itself isnt not hard to saw through, It took me about 10 seconds to saw through a 2" rock, and the cut was very clean, no breakedge at all....IMO works MUCH better than a chissel and hammer, Way more accurate... I just thought I would pass this small tip on.

-David-

Nice idea. I never thought of sawing through rock. I tried to chip a piece off once and ended up shattering the whole damn rock. I'll have to try this. Although I wouldn't use it as a preffered fragging method, as I'd imagine I'd deplete my own LR stash pretty quickly :)

I tried my RYOBI sabresawz-all... it made a lot of splashes, but I managed to cut through a 9 X 12 inch chunk of LR in 4 minutes to fit it perfect in a cormer of a bowfront tank....LOL I love cordless tools. !

Archived