SaltCritters.com

One clown is sick

pretendo

I have two clowns, The smaller male? I assume, will lay on the floor and not eat when the light is on, looks like hes struggling. But as soon as I turn the light off hes up and about. But still acts sickly. The bigger female will nudge him to keep him going it seems. Any suggestions. Couldn't find a certain answer with searching. I tried putting the garlic drops with the food.

white stringy poop, since i put the garlic in the food and tank. He seems to be doing better. trying to host the Anenome but gets kicked out buy the female 

Sounds like internal parasites. Garlic will help get him to eat but not cure the problem. I have used prazipro in reef tanks many times and others have as well but use at your own caution. 

Thx for the tip,  I tried to buy some at my LFS but they didnt have any. Ill buy some online. All my other Fish look fine though thats the weird part.

3 minutes ago, pretendo said:

Thx for the tip,  I tried to buy some at my LFS but they didnt have any. Ill buy some online. All my other Fish look fine though thats the weird part.

Fish can house internal parasites without showing symptoms of being sick. It's not a super aggressive killer disease but weak fish can die from it. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 8:22 PM, Tamberav said:

Sounds like internal parasites. Garlic will help get him to eat but not cure the problem. I have used prazipro in reef tanks many times and others have as well but use at your own caution. 

Btw this helped! hes doing great now and Ill put in Garlic couple times a week. sorry for bump hopefully it will help someone else.