Cultivated Reef

Ack's 25 gallon Lagoon

ackattackkk

Thrassian Atoll

My cycle took about 2 weeks.  Dry rock and the shrimp method.  Waited until week three to add the cuc.  

Your aquascape looks pretty good.  I would consider moving the rocks a couple of inches forward though to create some space between them and the back wall.  Will be easier to clean and have more flow so detritus doesn't build up back there.

• Like 1
ackattackkk
9 minutes ago, TILTON said:

My cycle took about 2 weeks.  Dry rock and the shrimp method.  Waited until week three to add the cuc.  

Your aquascape looks pretty good.  I would consider moving the rocks a couple of inches forward though to create some space between them and the back wall.  Will be easier to clean and have more flow so detritus doesn't build up back there.

That's the same method I'm doing. My birthday is August 21st. So I'm hoping it's done by then so I can treat myself to something nice ! I think I'm going to take out those back 2"extra" rocks that aren't part of the bridge. Kinda just put them back there because I wanted to use all my rocks lol 

After looking at your scape again, I do have a little more feedback on it. I realized after looking at it from the side, you don't really have a lot of variance in height going front to back. I usually feel like it is nice to have rock pretty close to the sand bed in the front, and then get higher as it goes back. I feel like this gives you some nice spots for different types of coral, but also helps draw the eye nicely, and helps utilize the depth of the lagoon tank. Just figured I would mention it now, as it is much easier to completely rearrange the tank before you have anything living in it!

• Like 1
ackattackkk
47 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

After looking at your scape again, I do have a little more feedback on it. I realized after looking at it from the side, you don't really have a lot of variance in height going front to back. I usually feel like it is nice to have rock pretty close to the sand bed in the front, and then get higher as it goes back. I feel like this gives you some nice spots for different types of coral, but also helps draw the eye nicely, and helps utilize the depth of the lagoon tank. Just figured I would mention it now, as it is much easier to completely rearrange the tank before you have anything living in it!

Yes thank you for that. I'm still not happy with it. I kind of feel like I want to do some type of island scape. Just haven't been home all weekend. I work until 8 tonight so I'm going to try and figure it out between dinner and Game of Thrones 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
8 minutes ago, ackattackkk said:

Yes thank you for that. I'm still not happy with it. I kind of feel like I want to do some type of island scape. Just haven't been home all weekend. I work until 8 tonight so I'm going to try and figure it out between dinner and Game of Thrones 

Definitely get your scape the way you want it.  My old biocube scape sucked and I always regretted it.  I love the scape in my new tank though and only used 3 rocks.  

7 hours ago, ackattackkk said:

If you want, shoot me an email and I'll send you all the inspiration shots I had saved lol. I felt like it was really helpful to have a few different scapes to look at while I played with the rocks themselves. 

schgr.cube@gmail.com

On August 10, 2017 at 9:50 AM, ackattackkk said:

there's nothing in the tank and she's already curious ?

IMG_5217.JPG

Looks good. I'm sure you will hear this a million times, but let it run its course and take your time. I like the natural bridge style. It gives a bit of of a texture to the image and also a place to put lower light corals. I dig it. 

• Thanks 1
On 8/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, schgr.cube said:

What a cutie! Scape looks cool, it seems you changed it around a bit again?

Thank you! Dont let looks fool you shes a wild thing. Yeah I changed it around a little bit. Now I have some lower spots I can put coral pretty happy with how its looking. Im going to guess it should be cycled by next week :).

• 3 weeks later...

It's been about two weeks since my last update.

I've added A cleanup crew from John, a serpent star, 2 Wyoming White clowns and 2 random zoa frags.

Everything seems to be doing good except for the one zoa frag hasn't opened since the last water change. The other zoa frag is perfect. I've tested temp, salinity, ph, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates and everything is good so I'm not sure what's up with them. 

IMG_5715.PNG

IMG_5722.JPG