inTank Media Baskets

In honor of Shark Week

Premiumaq

You know, I looked this up recently when they had the 11 ft Great White in the largest aquarium in Japan. I believe monterey bay aquarium has been able to keep a very small shark for a maximum of 5 months. They needed to target it in this phase of its life, before it moved from fish/rays to mammals.

Very interesting to say the least. Btw, the 11ft died in 3 days....

Very interesting, some animals are best just left in their environment. Just like Orcas they are too big to be kept captive, and develop many bad behaviors. 

Just now, Javiv said:

Very interesting, some animals are best just left in their environment. Just like Orcas they are too big to be kept captive, and develop many bad behaviors. 

Have you been to the Seaquarium lately? I heard its tough to see, they haven't done anything in a really long time. I wanted to take my kids, but I decided to hold off and see if they do something and clean it up. 

3 hours ago, Dominator said:

Have you been to the Seaquarium lately? I heard its tough to see, they haven't done anything in a really long time. I wanted to take my kids, but I decided to hold off and see if they do something and clean it up. 

They never have and never will do anything to clean that place up. Plenty of people go there despite that fact that it's a dump. It's obvious the guy that owns that place has a complete disregard for the animals wellbeing and cannot be bothered to provide somewhat suitable living conditions and adequately sized enclosures for those poor animals, despite the fact that he's breaking the law. Yeah, it's really tough to see, and not just because it's dirty.

Lolita has been there in an illegally sized tank for 46 years. She was taken from her family at age 4, at least 5 whales died during the brutal capture process. Can you imagine?! Orcas are incredibly complex, social, sentient beings and families stay together for life. She hasn't seen another orca since 1980. His name was Hugo and he was her tank buddy for a few years, until he killed himself by repeatedly thrashing his head against the concrete. Watching Lolita float motionless at the surface is tough to see, to say the least.

• Like 1

Yes i went last summer and took my kids, we had that unlimiited pass that you can go to like 4 parks. I saw the Dolphin show it was good. Did not see the Orcas show.