Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

id this please

Jorge091293

Jorge091293

i been dealing wih cyanobactiria for some weeks now  been showing less and less every week.. when i was cleaning the tank today i noticed this in the bottom what is this ???? never seen it is it bad or good ??? :( 

image1.jpeg

it is the four balls right  there :( 

GregEmmitte

Looks like bubble algae. It's not "bad" like hair algae but it can get out of control over a longer period of time. Typically, an emerald crab can eat bubble algae. Ive had some do it, had some ignore it. Best is to pull the rock ( if possible ) and remove the bubbles manually.

as far as cyno, that's a light/flow/nutrient problem. You need to fix one of the above if not all 3.

• Like 1

Be very careful removing the bubbles. Do not break or pop any of them inside the tank or it will spread. I found a couple bubbles in my tank months ago, I quickly removed the rock/frag plug they were on and used bone cutters to chop off the part of the rock they were stuck to.

It's been months and I haven't seen a single one. Nip it in the bud now before they spread. 

RayWhisperer

It could be the cyano covering it, but it looks like it might be Botryocladia skottsbergii. If it is, treat it the same as bubble algae (Valona)

oddly enough, if it is B. skottsbergii, some macro reefers might want it for their collection. To most it's a pest, but it's not a super common pest, plus the red color makes it attractive for a lot of the macro keepers.

Jorge091293
On 7/23/2017 at 11:50 PM, RayWhisperer said:

It could be the cyano covering it, but it looks like it might be Botryocladia skottsbergii. If it is, treat it the same as bubble algae (Valona)

oddly enough, if it is B. skottsbergii, some macro reefers might want it for their collection. To most it's a pest, but it's not a super common pest, plus the red color makes it attractive for a lot of the macro keepers.

my friend took them all hahaha he broke  the peaces of the rock with a hammer and took them like frags... he said if i get more that he will take them as they are pretty and his emerald crab loves them hahaha weirdo... but hey free food ....