SaltCritters.com

LOUD Airpump on Aqua One NanoSkim Protein Skimmer

DominicDuffy

DominicDuffy

I am currently unable to leave my protein skimmer on at night due to the air pump which runs it being too loud. Does anyone know how I can fix this ?

All air pumps I've ever used have hummed pretty loudly.  Maybe you need to switch protein skimmers.  But keep in mind, all protein skimmers are kind of loud.

Anytime i have had to use an airpump i make sure its inside a cabinet as they are all loud.  Not sure if you have any way to conceal it?  also helps to put it on a thin piece of rubber or foam so it doesnt vibrate on whataver you have it on quite as much.

• Like 1

The air pumps I use are the little Tetra Whisper pumps that come with their smallest internal filter-I buy the filter and just use the pump.  Make sure the pump doesn't touch anything that it could rattle against, and I set mine on a washcloth or something that helps muffle the sound (but make sure air can circulate around it so it doesn't get too hot).