Pod Your Reef

Damn it...now I want a pico tank

devaji108

like most of use I DONT really need another tank with a 90 reef and 20L going some how I want to start a lil pic now too. ugh why or why did I clink this sub forum. ha 

not ure why I want one as my other 2 tanks need love and work but I am think a small biotope or something could be fun. 

as I believe the peto 1per gallon sale is going on I was thinking  of a 5.5 gal tank could be a fun lil project...just read through the sticky the AC mod is bad A$$.

anyway talk me out of it guys/gals

I support your decision in starting one :D

It's not just you man. I think almost everyone catches the pico bug at some point. Just a matter of time.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

like most of use I DONT really need another tank with a 90 reef and 20L going some how I want to start a lil pic now too. ugh why or why did I clink this sub forum. ha 

not ure why I want one as my other 2 tanks need love and work but I am think a small biotope or something could be fun. 

as I believe the peto 1per gallon sale is going on I was thinking  of a 5.5 gal tank could be a fun lil project...just read through the sticky the AC mod is bad A$$.

Its a sickness. :(

No one here can help you....... save yourself.    

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

yeah the nearest petco is a 100 miles each way...not gonna drive over there for a 5.5 gal. tank anyway. haha

was just checking out the fluval evo 5. is it worth is or would you have to upgrade the pumps and lighting anyway?

yeah I will have to do a bit more research for sure. like I said I really don't need another tank.   haha not even sure what I would do with it. guess I should 1st get my other 2 tanks were I want them...as if that ever happens :P

^ haha yoy know I was thinking about that today. or something wired spices tank. to bad dwarf SH are hard to keep I would so be in to that!   

Lol Deva, you're so funny!!!

I got this Betta Waterfall and turned it into a Pico, it's my easiest tank: https://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-100101218-Kit-Betta-Falls/dp/B00INCRSFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499962027&sr=8-1&keywords=betta+waterfall+tank

Very low maintenance, low cost, trouble free and healthy, has been set up since January. 

Also, check this out: https://www.nano-reef.com/featured/2017/natalia_la_loca-r119/

• Like 2

the more I look in to it I think I am gonna try a Dwarf seahorse tank! I am still researching but I am leaning towards it!!

thanks for the links weetabix! 

of course a lot ot research has to been done.

quick question what do all you pico gurus think about the fluval evo V not sure on the lighting?

or was thinking a aquamax 5.2  any other fun lil tanks i should think about? I guess 1st step is decide what I want to keep.lol  

On 7/12/2017 at 1:49 PM, devaji108 said:

Yeah the 5.5 usually isn't part of the tank sale, and can be found at other pet shops for similar price point.  A dwarf seahorse tank would be cool but SO much work.  I'd suggest a reef jar or bowl like Brandon429's vase or Natalia's bowl as they are low maintenance and gorgeous.

• Like 1

yeah after a lil research I decided a DSH tank is out. way to much work than I want right now.

I am in no hurry either if something comes up i'll jump on it. but with 2 tanks going I decided to focus on that those 1st.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Go with a bowl! Like Lula says they are low maintenance. This is mine. 

IMG_9973.thumb.JPG.dab4afddcae58baea95df2ce7d861399.JPG

I love the teardrop sort of shape of your bowl.  Did you find it online or locally, I can't remember?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I love the teardrop sort of shape of your bowl.  Did you find it online or locally, I can't remember?

Home Goods! Around $14 if I remember correctly!

That's the best place I've ever found for them. Every time I'm in there I see one or two bowls/containers/vases that are so cool and would work. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, SeaFurn said:

That's the best place I've ever found for them. Every time I'm in there I see one or two bowls/containers/vases that are so cool and would work. 

Wonder if we have those around here...lol :lol:

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2017 at 6:53 PM, SeaFurn said:

Awesome!  I love that teardrop shape.  And we have a Home Goods nearby.  Gonna have to check them out :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Awesome!  I love that teardrop shape.  And we have a Home Goods nearby.  Gonna have to check them out :D

I think you've caught the pico/reef bowl bug! I'm gonna be on the lookout for a build thread from you!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I think you've caught the pico/reef bowl bug! I'm gonna be on the lookout for a build thread from you!

Well I'm hoping the next contest will be a pico bowl contest LOL.  but even if it isn't...Yep...I'm doing this :D.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
6 minutes ago, gena said:

Well I'm hoping the next contest will be a pico bowl contest LOL.  but even if it isn't...Yep...I'm doing this :D.

omgomgomg

I'm hoping so too, or at least a "Make a tiny reef!" contest as I have a number of tiny tanks I could put to use lol.  I am excited to see what you put together!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

omgomgomg

I'm hoping so too, or at least a "Make a tiny reef!" contest as I have a number of tiny tanks I could put to use lol.  I am excited to see what you put together!

Yep! I think a contest like that would be so interesting.  I already know what I'll do if it happens omgomgomg.  

:lol:

• Like 3