inTank Media Baskets

Jackies Twin Fusions

jstuver

Updated pic now that I have both tanks set up:

23545777688_48b34865da_c.jpgDSC07527 by jlstuver, on Flickr

36689121834_65dc6a905b_c.jpgDSC07535 by jlstuver, on Flickr

So if you follow my other tank (60g cube) then you would have read that I was tired of my anemones walking all over my expensive coral but I love anemones and didnt want to get rid of them. So this was my solution:) I found a innovative marine 10g fusion locally that came with the tank, a kessil a160we, stand, a couple clowns and a few corals for $200! The tank literally looks brand new he had it set up for about 7 months. I removed all the coral frags and put those in my 60g. I rinsed the sand as it got moved around in the move and then added the rock all back including a rock with several zoas. I then added all the water back in and fish and let it run for several hours. Checked all the params to see how close they were to my 60g where I had all my anemones being held and they were pretty close so I transferred the anemones. Everything is doing well so far. Im not a fan of the kessil so luckily a member here messaged me today and said he would be selling his AI prime HD so I bought that from him and will be selling the kessil after it arrives.

The clowns don't seem to be ones that like to host anemones, which sucks so I may find a pair that I know does and sell these guys. The ones in my 60g don't host anemones either:( but seems this is a species specific anemone tank I would like the clowns to at least host:)

Anyway some quick cell phone pics. I don't know that it will stay where it is placed in my house but its there for right now.

image1.JPG

image1-1.JPG

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, JR! said:

wow very cool. 

Thanks! Hopefully I can find some more cool nems to add to it

2 minutes ago, stellablue said:

I like this, Jackie! 

Thanks Rachel! I really like the quality and build of these tanks:)

• Like 1
Mckinney0171

I just bought a pair of spotcinctus clowns from ora and they were both hosting my GSP patch within a day.  Beautiful clowns too.  Good luck with the tank.   I just bought one and it will be my bedroom tank.   I went with the prime lights as well.

6 hours ago, Mckinney0171 said:

I just bought a pair of spotcinctus clowns from ora and they were both hosting my GSP patch within a day.  Beautiful clowns too.  Good luck with the tank.   I just bought one and it will be my bedroom tank.   I went with the prime lights as well.

Loved the spoticinctus pair I had one of my favorite fish!

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

welcome to the IM10 club!  

you got a hell of a deal.  and good choice on the Prime HD, i'm not a huge Kessil fan either, the Prime HD will have no problem giving the nems what they need and it looks much better imo

are you planning a specific kind of clown pair?

11 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

welcome to the IM10 club!  

you got a hell of a deal.  and good choice on the Prime HD, i'm not a huge Kessil fan either, the Prime HD will have no problem giving the nems what they need and it looks much better imo

are you planning a specific kind of clown pair?

Thanks, as for a pair of clowns there are two in there right now but I really want a pair that will host. One of the local shops is closing and he has a lightning clown that I know hosts and I would love to do but I have issues spending $100 on a fish lol so I will see what happens.

11 hours ago, gena said:

Awesome :).  They are great tanks!

Thanks! And yeah I really like the way they are made and look!

• 2 weeks later...

@jstuver Jackie, I just have to say that your tanks are always so nicely done. Your Fluval Spec V was the reason I wanted to get into nano reefkeeping again. It just completely blew me away at how beautiful the scape was and how the tank just came together.

You wouldn't happen to have anymore old photos of it lying around would you? You had some in your old thread but some more full tank shots would be really great!

Really looking forward to your IM10!

On 7/31/2017 at 4:21 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Pretty Clown. 

Is it the only fish in there?

I moved a little damsel I had in my sump into it today to see how it goes. My daughter complains every time she looks at the tank because the lightning maroon clown never swims or leaves the anemone ? She was happy to see another fish!

On 7/31/2017 at 5:42 PM, Nomoreammo said:

@jstuver Jackie, I just have to say that your tanks are always so nicely done. Your Fluval Spec V was the reason I wanted to get into nano reefkeeping again. It just completely blew me away at how beautiful the scape was and how the tank just came together.

You wouldn't happen to have anymore old photos of it lying around would you? You had some in your old thread but some more full tank shots would be really great!

Really looking forward to your IM10!

Wow thank you! I probably do somewhere, if I get the chance I will look and see. 

On 8/1/2017 at 1:04 PM, SantaMonicaHelp said:

Your tank is so cute! :happy:

-Paola

On 8/1/2017 at 3:31 PM, gena said:

Looks great!  Clown looks really cozy too lol.

Haha yep it never leaves the anemones which I love! Except if I need to work in there and then it chases me around! Thank you! 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Its been awhile since Ive updated. I will get some pics sometime soon. I had my 60g cube up and going and decided about a month ago that I would rather just run two of these 10g fusion tanks. So its taken a bit to sell most of the stuff out of that tank but I think Im finally down to what I can keep in the second tank. I plan to have both tanks sitting next to each other and I purchased a stand at target.com that should be here sunday. These will both sit directly under the ecotech Radion XR-15w gen3 pro that is over the 60g right now, I'm hoping this will work out which it should as the stand is 3" higher than the current one that the 60 is on and it will basically be like the bottom half of the 60g. I can also turn my light intensity up if needed as right now it only runs at 50% max. I'm pretty excited about this and think its going to fit me perfectly. Updates to come hopefully next week with pics:)

• Like 5
8 hours ago, jstuver said:

Its been awhile since Ive updated. I will get some pics sometime soon. I had my 60g cube up and going and decided about a month ago that I would rather just run two of these 10g fusion tanks. So its taken a bit to sell most of the stuff out of that tank but I think Im finally down to what I can keep in the second tank. I plan to have both tanks sitting next to each other and I purchased a stand at target.com that should be here sunday. These will both sit directly under the ecotech Radion XR-15w gen3 pro that is over the 60g right now, I'm hoping this will work out which it should as the stand is 3" higher than the current one that the 60 is on and it will basically be like the bottom half of the 60g. I can also turn my light intensity up if needed as right now it only runs at 50% max. I'm pretty excited about this and think its going to fit me perfectly. Updates to come hopefully next week with pics:)

Downsizing ftw! :happy: