Coral Vue Hydros

Best quality tank

Sirsmiley9

Sirsmiley9

I'm looking for a 20 long, but i am setting this tank up with my dad and we want to get a higher quality tank. The main issue with this is I'm having a hard time finding only a tank that is a high quality I would like to know what brands and which of their tanks would be good to purchase 

graftobny142

As long as it is made to hold water, any 20g long or aquarium in general should be good. 

Are you talking about something other than build/glass quality?

Ultum Nature System (UNS) tanks are very high quality, I'd look into one of theirs. I don't know if they have a 20G long but they have a couple different sizes and shapes, and I think they may do custom sizes too?

On 6/30/2017 at 8:48 PM, Sirsmiley9 said:

I'm looking for a 20 long, but i am setting this tank up with my dad and we want to get a higher quality tank. The main issue with this is I'm having a hard time finding only a tank that is a high quality I would like to know what brands and which of their tanks would be good to purchase 

Nuvo 20 peninsula has exact dimensions. Def a step up from a petco 20 long. I was in the same hunt 3 months ago. Issue I had was if I found a higher quality tank w similar dimensions would I want to pay much more for small tank. Petco had $1 sale and made decision for me?

Sirsmiley9

Sorry for taking so long to respond not much wifi coverage where I've been for the last few days. We are looking to get a tank that definitely won't leak and the glass quality is better 

do any of you know if deep blue has good quality tanks I think there is a store that sells them sort of near us

Also a big part of why I didn't want to get the nuvo fusion 20 was the high price for only a tank with a built in sump 

1 hour ago, Sirsmiley9 said:

Sorry for taking so long to respond not much wifi coverage where I've been for the last few days. We are looking to get a tank that definitely won't leak and the glass quality is better 

do any of you know if deep blue has good quality tanks I think there is a store that sells them sort of near us

Also a big part of why I didn't want to get the nuvo fusion 20 was the high price for only a tank with a built in sump 

I actually like deep blue tanks. Got a reef ready one I'm saving for when after we move. Ironic you ask!! because I started getting ready for that and then we started talking buying house so I stopped & went w smaller 20. I like black silicone and they're no more than petco tanks if you find them locally 

Any tank can leak. Even the brands that have a great reputation can and have leaked.

Innovative Marines are considered great, i've read of many leak stories, more so than most standard lfs aquariums

Most leaks are due to not being leveled and pressure being put on seams.

schgr.cube

If you're looking for a tank only (which I assume means it doesn't have an overflow already built in, and is not an all-in-one), then there are not a ton of options out there. Deep Blue and Innovative Marine are definitely great choices that do offer just the tank itself, and then there is ADA if you want some really amazing glass / silicone work for a rimless tank. I am getting an Ultum Nature Systems tank very soon, which are supposed to be really amazing tanks as well. I will have to report back on my findings once I get mine, but they are on sale a lot and are not very expensive to begin with.

Sirsmiley9

I like the ultum nature tank just not to sure where to get it I saw the buceplants website just wondering if there were any other sites maybe some that are more known 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sirsmiley9 said:

I like the ultum nature tank just not to sure where to get it I saw the buceplants website just wondering if there were any other sites maybe some that are more known 

I got mine from buce plant and it came packaged VERY well, I would not think twice about buying an UNS tank from them. Plus they have decent sales occasionally. Their FW plants on the other hand though...

Sirsmiley9

Ok I've never heard of them also the tanks seem to have some dramatic price differences they landed themselves in the middle 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sirsmiley9 said:

Ok I've never heard of them also the tanks seem to have some dramatic price differences they landed themselves in the middle 

Yeah I was skeptical at first too, but after a first small purchase I went ahead and bought a tank and was pleasantly surprised. Idk how much the 90L tank (roughly 20 gallon long) is but I think it would be a good option for sure. Here's my UNS tank:

IMG_1670.JPG

Sirsmiley9

Wow I do like the clean look of it but that is a very nice tank when I had plants in my freshwater look pretty messy but u did it right there 

On 2017-07-01 at 6:35 PM, HarryPotter said:

Red Sea Reefers are the best 

I'll second the Reefer, I have a Nano and would buy another if I upgrade to a larger tank.

Nixperience

The new Aquamaxx tanks are really nice. Low iron high clarity and reasonable prices. You can get them from Marine Depot. I've had 2 of them and they are really nice and very clean. 

• Like 1