Top Shelf Aquatics

Aqua Clear Fluval 30

Sammaredsox

Sammaredsox

Anyone run one of these?  I have a fowlr 30 gallon tank with caribesea live sand and 20 lbs of live rock. Fish are three small false perc clowns and a small green leopard puffer.  I am running chemipure blue and a filter sponge.  Do I need to run anything else?  I am noticing some red hair algae.  Parameters in tank are good. 30% water change every other week.  Tank is 3 months old.

Sammaredsox
12 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I had one on my 15g. The filters are fine  but I prefer the seachem tidal over aquaclear. 

It's a much  better filter.

Yeah, I like the seachem filters better but this filter came with it.  Thinking about drilling it (in the future) and running a sump.  Water parameters are great for a 3 month old tank but the RHA bugs me.   May have to bump up the water changes and get some more red legged and blue legged hermits.  Just have to find big ones because my green leopard puffer likes to snack on the little ones.

Martin Riggs

Personally I have one on my 55g and it's "modified" by a local builder with some reputation. Go as big as you can. AC110 or get the biggest seachem tidal.