SaltCritters.com

FLUVAL EVO 13.5 Media Basket Options NOW AVAILABLE

inTank

• 1 month later...
squamptonbc

With a slight mod using the stock sponge the Fluval Flex comes with, the chamber 2 basket works pretty well on the 15g flex, I needed something to hold my media and couldn't find anything and the stock sponge is lacking so I decided to try this media basket and it does work, probably not as well as it would if the other side fit snugly against the plastic wall, but with the sponge in place it does seem to work well enough.

20 hours ago, squamptonbc said:

With a slight mod using the stock sponge the Fluval Flex comes with, the chamber 2 basket works pretty well on the 15g flex, I needed something to hold my media and couldn't find anything and the stock sponge is lacking so I decided to try this media basket and it does work, probably not as well as it would if the other side fit snugly against the plastic wall, but with the sponge in place it does seem to work well enough.

We just got the Flex 15 in to design and noticed the same.  The Chamber Two basket fits.  Our change will be to make it wider to fill the entire chamber and the rear wall a bit shorter to clear the tabs on the hood.

We will also be coming out with a chamber one media basket and most likely a water director.

• Like 1
squamptonbc
On 8/1/2017 at 1:20 PM, StevieT said:

We just got the Flex 15 in to design and noticed the same.  The Chamber Two basket fits.  Our change will be to make it wider to fill the entire chamber and the rear wall a bit shorter to clear the tabs on the hood.

We will also be coming out with a chamber one media basket and most likely a water director.

Sounds good. Count me in on buying one when the time comes. I wasn't sure if I could get it to work, but figured I could find a work around, and its good for now. I just really hate the stock sponge that comes with it, just wasn't working for my needs.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 4:20 PM, StevieT said:

I've been looking everywhere for somebody to confirm they're working on the flex specifically- 

Any idea of a date for flex baskets/products?  Count me in as well!!

• Like 1
On 8/19/2017 at 2:22 PM, btdz said:

I've been looking everywhere for somebody to confirm they're working on the flex specifically- 

Any idea of a date for flex baskets/products?  Count me in as well!!

Great.  We don't have a time frame right now, and never give them unless it's on the production schedule but it should be soon.  We are working on prototypes for both chambers.  Chamber two is basically already done since it's very similar to what we already make for the Evo 13.5.  Chamber one needs a few tweaks and a water director designed.

• Like 1

Beautiful :)  I was curious how the two intake vents on the flex vs one on the evo would work as far as making sure flow was optimal in chamber one but sounds like you're on it.  Can't wait!!

The basket will block off the lower grate. It's pointless and ####s up.flow into the chamber. Maybe one day Fluval will learned how to make a filtration chamber. 

11 hours ago, btdz said:

Beautiful :)  I was curious how the two intake vents on the flex vs one on the evo would work as far as making sure flow was optimal in chamber one but sounds like you're on it.  Can't wait!!

20170822_122302

20170822_122247

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any idea on these being available to the public?  I'm sure months and months go into engineering it before starting production and on top of that it doesn't look like many people are running these lol just hoping it ends up being with it for you actually offer these, can't wait! ???

22 hours ago, btdz said:

Any idea on these being available to the public?  I'm sure months and months go into engineering it before starting production and on top of that it doesn't look like many people are running these lol just hoping it ends up being with it for you actually offer these, can't wait! ???

It's more about having the designer get the time between normal production.

The baskets are designed and are on the production list.  A water director still needs to be designed and put on that production list.

We won't have an exact time frame until I know exactly when the pieces are laser cut.  Until then I will say relatively soon.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

StevieT,

I've got both Chamber 1 and 2 for the Evo 13.5, but I am thinking that I would replace the 2 for a fuge insert if made.  Do you think you guys could make that happen?

1 hour ago, bluebastion said:

StevieT,

I've got both Chamber 1 and 2 for the Evo 13.5, but I am thinking that I would replace the 2 for a fuge insert if made.  Do you think you guys could make that happen?

Chamber Two basket was designed to be a Fuge Basket. Just take the middle shelf out. 

• 1 month later...

Any trick on the chamber one basket? I've had it for a week or two now and noticed that the water coming into the chamber would not go through the top of the basket but rather was flowing down the gap between the basket and the wall. I was able to get it to work by wedging the level control piece behind the basket forcing the top tight to the wall. However I just noticed this is no longer working, water appears to be flowing between the basket and the wall below the top of the basket so it is not coming in  contact with the floss in the top of the basket (and probable not really going through the basket).

5 hours ago, wfournier said:

Any trick on the chamber one basket? I've had it for a week or two now and noticed that the water coming into the chamber would not go through the top of the basket but rather was flowing down the gap between the basket and the wall. I was able to get it to work by wedging the level control piece behind the basket forcing the top tight to the wall. However I just noticed this is no longer working, water appears to be flowing between the basket and the wall below the top of the basket so it is not coming in  contact with the floss in the top of the basket (and probable not really going through the basket).

Wrong location for the surface skimmer and block the hole in chamber 2

DIRECTION(1).jpg

On 10/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, btdz said:

The Fluval Flex 15 Basket is ready to ship

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fluval-Flex-15-Chamber-ONE-Media-Basket-FL15MR.htm

• 1 month later...

I'm having problems as well with water not going through the basket. Also in the diagram you have it shows the chamber 1 basket being bellow the intake, mine comes up half way up the intake. Is that how it's supposed to be or is it wrong? P.S. I have the surface skimmer where it should be.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:20 PM, NGnanoreef said:

I'm having problems as well with water not going through the basket. Also in the diagram you have it shows the chamber 1 basket being bellow the intake, mine comes up half way up the intake. Is that how it's supposed to be or is it wrong? P.S. I have the surface skimmer where it should be.

It's not below the intake grates, the basket sits higher than the grates by design.

Plug the hole in chamber two, it kills the flow coming into chamber one.  This should help as well:

Full view version: http://shop.mediabaskets.com/media/DIRECTION(1).jpg

DIRECTION(1).jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevieT said:

It's not below the intake grates, the basket sits higher than the grates by design.

Plug the hole in chamber two, it kills the flow coming into chamber one.  This should help as well:

Full view version: http://shop.mediabaskets.com/media/DIRECTION(1).jpg

DIRECTION(1).jpg

Thank you. I found the reason as to why the water is not going through. The surface skimmer doesn't sit flush with the grates allowing water to go under.

• Like 1