Top Shelf Aquatics

Tiny Black Star

thespinningsadhu

thespinningsadhu

I read the required post and did a search so I think this *may* be an asteriniid star. However, the one on the ID thread is white. This one is a blue black and its TINEH. I thought it was just part of the decoration of the Life Rock (I've spotted shells and things they put on there) but it moved. Last night I saw it and I was all "Cool! What great attention to detail!" and tonight I was like "That f*cker is ALIVE!". 

I can't imagine what it hiked in on as all my rock is Life Rock and I have only bought two pieces of coral and although it is tiny, it would be big enough to see if it were on a frag plug or the coral. 

It would easily fit on the eraser of a pencil. It's moved again since photographing and typing this Not fast fast, but it looks like the sexy shrimp are scoping it out. 

Five little arms that come to a point at the end with a tiny white dot in the center of the body. Blue black. I tried to center him and blur everything else. The white spec you see in the photo is some detritus, not the little speck.

nano reef star.png