Pod Your Reef

Biocube 29

Toomanyfish

Toomanyfish

I just picked up a the intank basket and fuge. I run a aquatic life 115 skimmer in first chamber and as soon as I put the water director on it , it backs up my water from chamber one and we all know what happens next lol

so my question is , is there anything I can do to fix this?

What happened next?  Did it just rise or did it go to the very top of your rim?  If the latter remove some water from the display while the filtration pump is on.

45 minutes ago, Toomanyfish said:

is there anything I can do to fix this?

Toomanyfish

I dropped the water level to under the first plate on the media basket but with the water director in place it still backs up the first chamber which makes the display water level go up to the black plastic lip on the rim 

And that is expected with the skimmer in chamber one.  As long as it isn't over flowing there should be no issue.  We've never tested it with the skimmer in chamber one, only with the Tunze 9001 in chamber two next to the media basket.

• 2 months later...

I have a Biocube 29 and a 115 skimmer in chamber 1. I have noticed that if you do not position the skimmer towards the side (the opposite side of the flow deflector) that you will have some issues even without the intank basket. I pushed mine all way to the side and push a piece of foam between that and the wall that the deflector sits on. This will get you more flow to chamber 2. 

Please let me know you results as I am going to be purchasing the intank media basket for my biocube. 

This is to give you an idea. In the pic it's pushed all the way to the outside wall and that gives it space around the overflow. The only downside that I have noticed is the skimmer will touch the plastic wall and increase the sound of the "hum" from the pump. Hope this helps. 

IMG_6293.JPG

I have a problem putting the skimmer there. I'm using the lid because of my daughter not stairing at the light and the top will hit the collection cup if I put it there

11 minutes ago, Toomanyfish said:

I have a problem putting the skimmer there. I'm using the lid because of my daughter not stairing at the light and the top will hit the collection cup if I put it there

The lid will not sit completely flush, but it will go on. I use the cord and prop up the lid so it does not hit the skimmer cup. 

• 3 weeks later...