Top Shelf Aquatics

Shrimp Dead...Bristleworm Dead... WHAT IS THIS?!

Nemo_4_Ever

I have a crab, it has kinda red eyes, its a dull grey and browny colour its eyes are separated to each side of its shell. It has a red and white stripe underbelly and I caught it eating my bristleworm! I know bristleworms are bad any way but I was coming to getting it out, I saw it killing it with its legs (stabbing it) and eating it... :x Does this mean it will eat fish? Also I saw I had a shrimp just yesterday and I didn't know what kind it was, I found it half way up the powerhead... Dead... :*( Do I need to get this crab out? I have one non-hairy which was the one eating it and one that is hairy that I think ate the shrimp (it was in the same rock)? Also I have this white thing about [ ] that long and [ ] that wide that slides around my glass and then goes back into the sand? It's flat and it looks like the bottom of a snail. It's very slimy looking. It has a sorta darker tinge to the center of it and white around the outside. What could this be????

P.S The crabs are the size of a 50c peice maybe a little bigger. It was using its nippers to squeeze the insides of the worm out and eat it.... Please tell me I have to get rid of it!:x :*(

It could be actually? I'll have a look at some pics, thx

Nah nothing like it, the legs are massive in those pics. My crab looks like ur everyday crab (shorter legs, scurries to the side) it has very sharp nippers whereas the other hairy one has sort of blunt ones, it eats the red stuff off of my rock. The LFS said that they're harmless but the other one I'm not too sure about.

Bristleworms aren't necessarily bad anyway. They are generally detrivores (they eat dead stuff).

I'd make sure there was nothing else going on in there. You'd think a shrimp could move out of the way of a crab easily enough, and to be honest, the same goes for bristleworms. They may have been sick/dying for some other reason.

Archived