Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cloudiness and a dying snail.

LJR

I'm a bit confused as to why my water is cloudy. My Ammonia and Nitrate tests are nothing out of the ordinary (0 ppm for both), and my tank is also several months old, so this isn't just cycling pains. Now, my water usually is full of various particles, but for the past two days, my tank turns cloudy an hour or so after the lights come on. It's pretty clear at night, and when the lights have just come on. All of my inverts seem to be functioning as usual, including my delicate fire shrimp. The only one not doing well is my margarita snail, which had fallen off the glass today, and has been getting back up, and then falling off, throughout the day. Is it possible that this snail is causing my issues somehow, or could toxic water be killing my snail? I don't see how the snail would be dead and the cleaner fine if it was the later. Anyone have any possible solutions. I can honestly live with the cloudiness for a bit, as long as it isn't killing my tank.

16 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Is it a white cloudiness=bacteria bloom

Is it a greenish cloudiness= algae bloom

It's definitely a bacterial bloom then. I read a while ago that a UV could fix it, but it seems to be going away. Should I just let the problem sort itself out, or take action?

• 2 weeks later...

the chances of you having any clouding after running what we did there = 0%. works for all invaders. cyano, diatoms, dinos, pretty much all. agreed there are less work options, things you can add to the water based on invasion specifics, but in nanos that method above is tops for the reasons posted in after pics.