Coral Vue Hydros

Brain Coral - what is this?

Flexin

My first one.  It's been in the tank about a week.  I noticed what I assumed to be poop but had not seen the likes of it before in the tank.  Sitting here this evening, marveling at it, three openings widened and then brown shot out, far and wide.  This is poop right or is it something else.  Picture below, you can see a small piece on the right...

IMG_8958.JPG

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

^That was my first thought.  I once bought a brain like that, and it bleached right after I got it and never recovered.

• Like 1

Here is the daylight picture.  This is how it looked when I got it and I loved it as is.  Hopefully it's healthy and I can either maintain this color or it get brighter.  Thanks everyone for the responses and memes :)  any other thoughts are welcome :)

IMG_8969.JPG

Also, I will update my journal this evening :)  it's time for a monthly update.

• Like 2
coralcousins
1 hour ago, Flexin said:

Here is the daylight picture.  This is how it looked when I got it and I loved it as is.  Hopefully it's healthy and I can either maintain this color or it get brighter.  Thanks everyone for the responses and memes :)  any other thoughts are welcome :)

Definitely looks like it's bleached out a bit :o. Look up Trachyphyllia on google images and you can see the colors on them when fully healthy.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bonghapster said:

Might just be poop.  The flesh will puff up once it gets settled. 

IMG_0378.JPG

What a beautiful tank!!  Thank you for sharing this.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it does over the next month :)

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

I had a brain that looked just like this and was able to get its color to come back rather quickly by feeding it lots of meaty foods. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

I had a brain that looked just like this and was able to get its color to come back rather quickly by feeding it lots of meaty foods. 

How often did you target feed it?  Right now my schedule is every other day for the overall tank, but I don't mind alternating for Pinky (Da Brain)..IDEA POLICE: Pinky and the Brain and Tom and Jerry are now brands in ...

• Like 1

Thats bleached out. I had one yrs ago i purchased in that condition. Within 2 mnths in the right conditions it was full and happy.

It requires moderate lighting and moderate flow.

Ensure you feed the tank with coral food

12 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Thats bleached out. I had one yrs ago i purchased in that condition. Within 2 mnths in the right conditions it was full and happy.

It requires moderate lighting and moderate flow.

Ensure you feed the tank with coral food

Thank you.  I feed every other day.  Dry fishfood and Phyto on dry days and then Marine Cuisine and Coral Frenzy on wet ones.  Looking forward to see what I looks like :)