Coral Vue Hydros

Should this be moved??

haleschristine

haleschristine

Does this lil guy open more? Or is this as open as it gets? Wondering if I should move him closer to the lights? 

20 gallon tall tank. 

IMG_7067.JPG

Also there seems to be a new mini branch on the bottom left. Will it continue to grow?

Depends on the type of hammer/frogspawn depends on how much they open.

The more flow the less they open. They need moderate light

haleschristine

I don't know the type unfortunately. Got it from

a friend who just mentioned it was a hammer. 

But he is pretty close to the sand bed and the farthest away from light it could get. Unless I moved it into the front of the tank in the sand bed. 

It looks almost the same with lights on/off. Whereas my zoas go full force with the lights on. 

I amso have my powerhead turned off most the time. They all (fish and corals) seem happier with it off. 

You shouldn't turn off powerheads. That flow is important for oxygen, keeping detritus off corals, and providing food to livestock.

That might be why its partially closed and doesn't change from night to day. Too low of light and no flow

haleschristine

I repositioned the powerhead and my clown doesn't seem to be blown all over the place with the new position. It's been on non-stop since. I attempted to move the hammer coral, and the watchman freaked out-so I put it back.