Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help with ID Please

SaltyBuddha

SaltyBuddha

Got home from work to check out the tank and I found this on the side of my hammer. They are very small little white stalks with small fingers (?) coming off the tip. A few seem to be attached by a runner20170526_164547.thumb.jpg.ce8eb859cdceb7fa2f751380ad8c8c31.jpg20170526_164455.thumb.jpg.b67ad16a3437c55bd6b4cb8665891e58.jpg

SaltyBuddha
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

hydroids?

It's not on the glass. Only hanging off the hammer skeleton. Closest thing I could find are the foraminiferans. I'm assuming, hopefully safely, since I dont see it listed in a harmful pest site, I'm assuming it is not harmful

7 hours ago, SaltyBuddha said:

It's not on the glass. Only hanging off the hammer skeleton. Closest thing I could find are the foraminiferans. I'm assuming, hopefully safely, since I dont see it listed in a harmful pest site, I'm assuming it is not harmful

I have hydroids and they look just like that. (They are not in the glass)

i pick them them off with tweezers when they bother the coral.  They seem to be slowly dying off on their own. 

• Like 1
Just now, SaltyBuddha said:

Oh yeah. Totally are! I've only seen them on the glass when people ask for an id. Thanks guys

I was trying to take a pic of mine to show you but they are so "wispy" they don't show up in pics.  

The info I have seen is that the brown ones are the worst. These kind come and go. I started picking them out and there are only a few left here and there. 

• Like 1