Innovative Marine Aquariums

Installing your new Neptune ATK! | BRStv How-To

Randy_BRS

Hey guys! 

Today is the day for the new Neptune ATK and along with that, why not a BRStv How-To to help you get it installed and understand what it's all about! :) 

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! ;) 

• Like 1

Great video - thanks! Randy, I was wondering, what's the vertical distance between "start" and "stop"? IOW, what is the water level difference between the "correct" level and the level that causes the ATO to start the fill pump? 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, GlassReef said:

Great video - thanks! Randy, I was wondering, what's the vertical distance between "start" and "stop"? IOW, what is the water level difference between the "correct" level and the level that causes the ATO to start the fill pump? 

Thanks! 

It looks like the distance from the lower sensor to the upper sensor is about 7/8". The exact ON/OFF point could be +/- that by about 3/8".  

The sensors themselves are right around 7/8", with the OFF water position being right at halfway up the sensor. I would imagine the water level would have to drop around 1/4" to 3/8" for it to sense LOW. :-) 

These are just my personal guesses, so it may be worthwhile to reach out to Neptune directly for the exact measurements. :)

-Randy

• Like 1

Thanks Randy - that was quick. :) My reason for asking is: I have a very large sump, so a large level change means lots of water and a possible salinity problem. But, 1/4" to 3/8" is probably fine.

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions