ReefCleaners.org

Good morning ladies and gents ( 5 gallon fluval )

GregEmmitte

GregEmmitte

So I'm experiencing  a form of "writers block".

the majority of my attention goes to my biocube32. Ive had this fluval 5 gallon for 6 months and honestly idk what I want to do with it. It's early so the gorgonians haven't fully opened and half of the GSP has opened.

ive got a BTA and a porcelain ? that I recently put in until my LFS has something I want so I can trade. Really it just sits there and grows pods.

im open to suggestions. Feel free.

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

• Like 4

Looks good! What about a couple neon gobies? Or a goby/pistol pair?

Is that the stock light? If so, watch the BTA for signs of losing color and such. They need quite a bit of light to thrive. 

• Like 1
GregEmmitte

Yea it's only been a few weeks so I check on him daily. Love him but I've got a rainbow BTA in the main tank so it's a bit much. 

Same with the urchin. I love he urchin but he's got no place in the main tank.

IMG_2852.JPG

• Like 3

I just sumped my pencil urchin - he hasn't eaten a piece of coral for 2+ years and last week, polished off two frags of zoas in short order :( 

• Like 1
GregEmmitte

Oh wow zoas? I didn't even know they ate zoas. 

I may change up the aquascape and fill it full of zoas shrooms and xenia/Kenya tree etc. idk.

I spend my creativity supply on drawing painting and the biocube so I think I'm tapped out haha

• Like 1

I do like hope open the sand bed is. Maybe keep the gorgs on one side and do zoas and shrooms on the other with a goby/pistol pair! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GregEmmitte said:

So I'm experiencing  a form of "writers block".

the majority of my attention goes to my biocube32. Ive had this fluval 5 gallon for 6 months and honestly idk what I want to do with it. It's early so the gorgonians haven't fully opened and half of the GSP has opened.

ive got a BTA and a porcelain ? that I recently put in until my LFS has something I want so I can trade. Really it just sits there and grows pods.

im open to suggestions. Feel free.

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

I have a little 3.5 that I am having the same problem with. It housed a green crab for about 3 days. 

GregEmmitte

Decisions were made, ideas were had.

went to the LFS for some RO/DI and picked up a Kenya and Xenia. Introduced some red macro and a blasto and a few shrooms from my other tank.

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2858.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

HOLY WOW !!

That thing is awesomeness

LOL thank you! There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. Most of these are left over from my old biocube. There's an RBTA in the back that neemo sleeps in and then this little rainbow bta he's playing with right now. Also a red shroom behind neemo.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, GregEmmitte said:

This thing has basically turned into my photosynthetic catch all.

Wow!!!

Beautiful, just like the other one. 

• Like 1
On 8/13/2017 at 10:03 AM, GregEmmitte said:

This thing has basically turned into my photosynthetic catch all.

Nice!!  I would have never guessed that was just 5 gallons omgomgomg.  It looks so much bigger.  And the fact that it's only 5 gallons makes it even more awesome....nice work!!!!

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, gena said:

Nice!!  I would have never guessed that was just 5 gallons omgomgomg.  It looks so much bigger.  And the fact that it's only 5 gallons makes it even more awesome....nice work!!!!

Thank you!! :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GregEmmitte said:

Baby is exploring.

That's so amazing!  Have you had to do any of the brine shrimp hatching everyone says you have to do with dwarves?  That's what always put me off from getting them, the fact that they need daily hatchings to feed from.

• Like 2