Top Shelf Aquatics

Which Test Kits?

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

I am about to start my tank up saturday. I need some advice. I know that best test kits are salifert test kits, but I dont want to spend 100 bucks on test kits. I am going to purchase the salifert calcium and alk test kits, but which cheaper brand of test kits are the best for the money? I am either thinking of getting red sea or aquarium pharm... Thanks alot. I am trying to do a budget tank because I am a college student and I spend over 2 grand on my last tank...

I used the Aquarium Parmaceuticals "Saltwater Master Test Kit", very cheap usually around $20.00 or less, and good for the cycle tests. It comes with Ammonia, PH, Nitrite, and Nitrate.

After the cycle I went with the Salifert Calcium and AK.

But for just testing the cycle the AP test kit is fine.

B)

Salifert Test kits seem to be the best test kits so far for saltwater. I use them, but have previously used red sea, seachem and aquarium pharmacuticals. All of which gave some form of innacurate reading. So I switch to salifert. Worth the money. There is a site somewhere that is selling them pretty cheap, if I find the link I will forward it to you.

I got the CA, PH, Na, KH test kits for 45 bux with shipping.

Archived