SaltCritters.com

To Fatten a Clown Goby

Draco

Monday, I got a yellow Clown Goby for my 1.7 g pico. I did see him eat at the LFS before taking him home.

He's pretty skinny, his belly concaves in a bit. I've been feeding frozen mysis and brine 2 times a day. Since it's a small tank, I don't want to run the risk of over feeding

he's very active, swimming and checking things out.

Was wondering of any other ideas on how to plump him up? How long it'd take for him to get nice and fat?

Is this brine (the salty water), or brine shrimp? Unless you're feeding baby brine shrimp (within 24 hours of being hatched, or preserved that way), I'd replace the brine shrimp with something more nutritious.

In addition to the mysis, maybe try a pellet like New Life Spectrum or Omega One in .5mm size? I'd also soak them in something like Selcon (or another HUFA supplement), and garlic (enhances appetite, discourages worms in the intestines). If you're seeing stringy poop, it's possible that he's eating and a parasite is taking up the nutrients. You may need PraziPro or another medicine.

I believe it's brine shrimp. Will have to look at the label again!

I tried pellets (tiny ones) and he doesn't seem to notice them. But soaking is a good idea

My Okinawa goby is a now fatty (previously sunken in like yours); I feed him LRS once a day. Took maybe 2-3 weeks for him to get plump?

Archived