Innovative Marine Aquariums

Crab and Worm?!

Nemo_4_Ever

There a worm about 60cm long, I think its a bristle worm! Its a little fat and looks like a catepillar! Do they breed easily! How do I get it out if it is?! Also theres a crab like thing in there and its eating a lot! off the bottom of my tank, I am still in cycle so I dunno if it eats fish yet...

Sounds like a bristle worm as you said, it should be fine, just keep an eye on it!

Are you sure , 60cm! :)

as for the crab, do some research or post a picture up so people can see it to comment on.

I found a worm in my tank when I upgraded it a while ago. I lifted a rock and hanging from it was a 6 inch milky white worm that had burrowed through the rock and was hanging out both ends! Since then I cringe at putting my hands in the sand! Makes you think what your walking on down the beach!

I would try and get a good pic but its much too blurry, the crab is about as big as a 50c peice and its a dull grey and brown colour, seems to scoff down food pretty fast and quickly hides in the rock, I don't think its harmful but who knows what this is? It also has little flap things for its mouth, they kinda hand down (very small ones) and its eyes are about [ ] that far apart, they stick out a little bit. It looks like a hammer head shark o.O? Um well please help! (It has a little bit of red marking under its claw/nipper)

lol i couldn't sleep either! I had this massive serpent star that has some what ... deteriorated and fallen apart in my tank and now bits of it are around the place, yuk! But before that it was... MASSIVE, it's legs hung out every hole in my rock and god I was scared to leave the lid open o.o lol

The front of my crab looks like a praymantis < cant spell. It's legs have small stripes, faded into it. Under neath is white and red stripes, just a strip underneath it. The rest is a dull brown blacky colour and its very jumpy, it quickly hides in the rock.

:o I found another one!! I have two but the other one is hairy! argh i was told hairy ones are bad! Its brown hairy and it has black type claws, about 50c peice size.

Archived